986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Loosing stuff....I'm soo ashamed. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/44156-loosing-stuff-im-soo-ashamed.html)

Timco 04-10-2013 07:58 AM

Loosing stuff....I'm soo ashamed.

Lost my locking nut adapter. Actually, i prefer misplaced. How in the hell does someone do this?? It HAS to be at my shop but I'll be damned its gone. I flash back to my dad telling me to PUT MY STUFF AWAY WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT!!!

What a looser. What have you lost from your car recently?

Coffinhunter 04-10-2013 08:10 AM

My mind when driving 100MPH on the Toll Road outside of Tampa. Top down with my wife (car not hers), didn't even realize I was driving THAT fast. Luck there were men in uniform around.

san rensho 04-10-2013 08:13 AM

When I was in college I had a job wrenching on bikes. The first thing that mechanic that trained me said was after you finish using a tool, immediately put it back in its place (pegboard in my case), even if you know you will use it again shortly. It really is a time saver.

When I didn't put tools back immediately, pretty soon I had a pile of tools on the bench that I had to stir through to find the one I was looking for. Frustrating and time wasting.

schnellman 04-10-2013 08:16 AM

At this point I believe the majority of us have said to hell with locking lug nuts and replaced them. And here is the 1,435th occasion of why we've done that.

AndyA6 04-10-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 336225)
Lost my locking nut adapter. Actually, i prefer misplaced. How in the hell does someone do this?? It HAS to be at my shop but I'll be damned its gone. I flash back to my dad telling me to PUT MY STUFF AWAY WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT!!!

What a looser. What have you lost from your car recently?

Hi!

I have 2 different types of those adapters, wanna try?

Wret 04-10-2013 10:00 AM

A passenger side seatback windscreen somewhere on the highway.

thstone 04-10-2013 11:33 AM

If you decide to wrench them off manually, I'll ship you my adapter and the four lugs for free. I will never, ever, ever use them. PM me if interested.

1olddude 04-10-2013 03:53 PM

Just tossed mine and replaced with regular lugs. The crooks can get those locking lugs off in two seconds anyway so why even have them? I am a little OCD when it comes to my tools. They have their spot and that's where they stay.

mistermac99 04-10-2013 04:51 PM

My brother and I were always wrenching on our bicycles when we were little. Seemed the most valuable tool was my dad's Vice Grips, which we never seemed to get back to the house, so we would later find them laying outside in the weather. Caught a lot of heck for that, many, many times.

stephen wilson 04-11-2013 03:20 AM

I always got grief if I used channel-locks/vice grips for not using the proper-sized wrench.