986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Festival of Speed April 5,6,& 7th (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/43930-festival-speed-april-5-6-7th.html)

BYprodriver 04-01-2013 08:29 AM

Festival of Speed April 5,6,& 7th

Porsche Festival of Speed this weekend @ Fontana CA speedway! I plan to be there Saturday around 11:00 am. Any other 986ers going?

Topless 04-01-2013 08:52 AM

Absolutely! The Boxster brothers will be competing in the TT Competition and shooting for a new track record in class given favorable weather conditions. tstone was registered to drive with us and looked to present strong competition but his car got crunched last week. I don't know if he has a plan "B' yet.

90 TT drivers are scheduled for this event so it will be a full track. Also Pirelli Cup cars and two Club Race groups. AutoClub Speedway will be humming with Porsches.

thstone 04-01-2013 10:09 AM

Sadly, I won't be able to make it since the 986 got wrecked. I was really looking forward to this. Bummer. :(

Eric523 04-01-2013 08:51 PM

Can't wait to get back on track for my first event of 2013. The GT Boxster will be breaking in plenty of new gear in the cup races. Hope to see some new faces over the weekend, don't be shy!

Topless 04-02-2013 05:56 AM

A cold beer will be in the cooler for any 986forum members who stop by and visit the Boxster brothers after 5pm Track Cold. :cheers:

Eric, I expect you are in the Club Race so no right seat in that beast. Too bad, I would like to catch a few laps in her just to see what I am missing. :)

Boxster_S_girl 04-06-2013 07:17 PM

I was looking soooooo forward to going with my new 981, but I had a day-long meeting I couldn't get out of! Urgh!!

How was it, guys?!

Topless 04-06-2013 08:07 PM

Day 2-
250 Porsches on the grid between Pirelli GT3 Cup, Club Racing and Time Trials. The parking lot was packed with cars, 50 years of 911 display was very cool and they did parade laps with all the cars at lunch.

I chatted with Eric and Evan from HRG and the blurple GT Boxster RSR is a work of art that happens to also be blisteringly fast! I love the new Morelli inspired CF top.

In TT the competition is close. My brother had me all day Friday so I replaced the sandbagger street tires with NT-01s and managed to pull ahead by 3/10ths. Tomorrow all the cards are on the table and a 1:58 is possible if a clean lap is driven well. There are a dozen Boxster Spec cars from NorCal, SoCal and AZ there and many are being driven very well.

The bad news: A couple friends failed to follow the first rule in racing: "Just don't hit stuff." and they both clipped a tire barrier which sent them into the wall at 110mph. Both drivers are ok but the cars look totalled. Bummer :o

The beer wagon was well attended by all Porsche drivers and many exotic varieties were to be sampled.

Game on Sunday!