986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Could They Effect The Wheel Balance (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/4384-could-they-effect-wheel-balance.html)

bmussatti 11-30-2005 11:58 AM

Could They Effect The Wheel Balance

I just bought (from Suncoast) some of the Porsche Crest Valve Stem Caps. There are pretty nice. Hopefully they won't get nabbed when the car is parked someplace.

I was fairly surprised how heavy these little buggers are! Could these adversely affect the balance of the wheels??

SD987 11-30-2005 12:15 PM

No...

But I wouldn't worry anyway as I would agree that you won't have them in your possession too long...Make sure you have the regular valve caps in your glove-box. Ask me how I know...

RandallNeighbour 11-30-2005 12:20 PM

I tell you, if I were to buy these and put them on my car, I'd spend all my time on stakeouts trying to catch the little rats who steal them.

I'd take him by the ear to his mother or father and force him to return it to me, then give the parents a good verbal lashing for raising such wonderful children.

But I have to get things done and can't do this, so I guess I won't buy myself a set.

Just this last week someone stole two centercaps off my wife's Honda Accord. At least they were bought from a salvage yard off Ebay! Now I gotta buy some more stolen centercaps to replace them.

bmussatti 11-30-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SD987
No...

But I wouldn't worry anyway as I would agree that you won't have them in your possession too long...Make sure you have the regular valve caps in your glove-box. Ask me how I know...

Hey SD987, were you surprised how heavy/dense they were too?

SD987 11-30-2005 02:51 PM

Yes, they were heftier than one might expect.

"I'd take him by the ear to his mother or father and force him to return it to me, then give the parents a good verbal lashing for raising such wonderful children"

That sounds like the right approach, but I read about someone getting sued who did something similar...sad state of affairs we've come to, with all this litigation.

blinkwatt 11-30-2005 02:58 PM

If I found a kid/teenager messing with my valve stem caps I would tell him to stay still or I would call the cops. If he/she runs I chase after him in the Boxster just to scare him and give the varmit some exercise. If he stays I make him do my yard work and chores around the house or I call his mommy.

bmussatti 11-30-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
If I found a kid/teenager messing with my valve stem caps I would tell him to stay still or I would call the cops. If he/she runs I chase after him in the Boxster just to scare him and give the varmit some exercise. If he stays I make him do my yard work and chores around the house or I call his mommy.

And wouldn't that be really cool if his mom was like Terry Hatcher! And she really wants to express her most sincere apology!

deliriousga 11-30-2005 06:49 PM

I have the crested caps. Heavy, but they did not affect the balance. Most people don't notice them, you just enjoy knowing they are there. :D

Rail26 11-30-2005 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=
Just this last week someone stole two centercaps off my wife's Honda Accord. At least they were bought from a salvage yard off Ebay! Now I gotta buy some more stolen centercaps to replace them.[/QUOTE]

Ebay should be renamed I_stole_this_crap_from_you_and_now_I_am_going_to_s ell_it_back_to_you.com
The thiefs are laughing all the way to the bank.