Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 04:43 PM   #1

exhaust resonance

Hi all, I have been searching this site and a few others on info about aftermarket exhaust and resonance...i would like your thoughts and or experience on which after market exhaust has no interior cab resonance..

I installed a set of maganflow mufflers on my04 s and it sounds great on the outside but between 2400 rpm ad 3000 rpm..i cant hold a conversation with some one next to me. some say the dansk sport exhaust has no resonance others say the fabspeed and others the b&b exhaust ..Please let me know from experience what you guy or gals think of any of these 3 systems...thanks for any input

carmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:38 PM   #2

Any system that increases the loudness over the stock system is going to resonate more than the stock system and create more interior noise at any RPM level. The more free flowing the exhaust, the more interior and exterior noise level and there is no getting around this. If you want little resonance then you should stick to the OEM system or buy the the tequipment PSE sport muffler that has a bypass pipe that can be opened or closed via a switch. FYI, Fabspeed buys their mufflers from Dansk. This thread should clarify that issue.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=251829
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:41 PM   #3

hi adam,thanks for all the info..especially the fabspeed dansk issue..
carmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:59 PM   #4

No prob. Don't get me wrong, I like the sport Dansk/Fabspeed products but this is the way I see it. No, they don't resonate much more than a OEM boxster muffler because they are really not all that much louder than the OEM muffler. If I'm going to drop a grand or more on a shiney new muffler I want to know I just dropped a grand on a new muffler if you catch my drift. If I ever get a new muffler I'd probably get a GHL because it sounds good and you know it's back there which could be a good or bad thing....just depends on what you like.

Adam is offline   Reply With Quote