Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2005, 08:56 AM   #1

Garage
They are not all bad

Good day all,

I am often reading about all these mechanical problems some guys are having with their Boxster... So I figured I would give some good news.... I live in Montreal Canada, those who know about here are aware that we can have quite a bit of snow, salt on the roads and it can get pretty cold, especially in February... now..the good news..

my daily driver is a 2000 Boxster 2.7 with the sports package. I drive the car all year long, with the 17" in summer and I got a set of originals 16" with winter tires which I put on from end of November to april. The car has 125,000Kms, and I have not had any mechanical problems... In summer I track the car once in a while, but my toy is really my track only 944...

The only thing I can say about the car is that it has annoying problems like the window regulator( I had to change both) get very noisy, the ball joints, I feel are under par (I changed 3 arms) and the car is squeaky... besides that.. apleasure to drive...everyday...

just my 2 cents.

Michel.

fourniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #2

Thanks for the positive note, always glad to hear good news.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the reminder of how great the Boxster is. Our '00 has 71K miles on it now with only a couple of what I consider minor problems. The only car I have ever owned that was more trouble free was a Jeep Wrangler, but there were no electronics to give you trouble. LOL

Still a joy to drive (when I get to) and will be for years to come.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 PM   #4

Michel,

We LOVE Montreal!! Mrs. MNBoxster and I were Married at Le Palais du Justice there in 1999 and spent our Honeymoon in Montreal and Quebec City.

We were planning on spending 3 days in QC, but we arrived at the Chateau Frontenac and stayed a day, saw the Parlament, the Walled City, the Latin Quarter, the Citadel, all great, but not nearly the fun we were having in Montreal, so we cancelled our last 2 days and took the Train back to Montreal for 10 more days! Planning a return trip as sort of a 2nd Honeymoon next year!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote