Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #1

Can you use Maguires Tech wax after Klasse SG

Hi,
I know everyone talks about s100 or P21. My nieghbor gave me some Meguiars Tech Wax. I already am waxing in this order

1. Clean car
2. Klasse AIO
3. Klasse SG x7times

I want to add a Wax next. I know everyone said to use a Carnubawax. Can I use the Meguiars Tech Wax instead. It is not Carnuba. It says it is synthetic polymers I think.

Let me know if it is ok to use this after the Klasse products were put on the paint
thanks

Joji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
bmussatti

Joji, for some awesome car car tips, spend some reading time on www.autopia.org. You can learn some great info there!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #3

I've been wanting to know the same thing. Meguiar's a big operation I'm sure a call over to their 1-800 would give you a quick response. I use the NXT spray wax on my wheels and was tempted to spray on the lower front and rear bumper.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #4

I was just curious if I can use the Tech Wax after the KLasse products. I don't want to have to Spen another $30 if this will do a good job. But will the Tech wax undo the KLasse stuff since it is not carnuba wax. it is a syntheix polymer
thanks
Joji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
bmussatti

Get the dark, wet-look shine you want with Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Car Wax!

Tech Wax is Meguiar's best car wax ever!

This spectacular liquid car wax adds shine, depth, clarity and creates that "wet look" that makes your car, truck or SUV stand out!

NXT Generation Tech Wax is unlike any regular car wax you have ever tried before. For a deep, dark shine, nothing even comes close to this amazing product. Meguiar's offers a money-back guarantee: "All we ask is for you to try it. If it doesn't blow you away, send it back and get a full refund."

If you're planning on entering a car show or cruise or just showing off, you won't want to be without this product. Here is what this awesome product will do.

Paint will be darker and richer and shine will be maximized for depth and clarity

Engineered to dramatically reduce fine scratches and swirls for a flawless show car finish

ESP (Engineered Synthetic Polymers) technology creates a tough polymer bond to the paint to provide extreme protection

Glides on and off easily. You'll be surprised how easy it is to reveal your dazzling new finish

18 oz. (532 ml) Made in the USA!
Old 11-18-2005, 05:01 PM   #6

Yes, you can. I've done it and the results were good but not as great as I would have thought.

The best results I've gotten on my car have been from P21S (or P100) products. I've tried the Klasse twins a number of times and it seems I get a better, wetter look from P21S with a lot less effort. I use their wash, paint cleaner, and then wax - which goes on literally like butter. It takes very little time, doesn't require 24 hours to cure, and IMHO looks better than Klasse. See my pics in the Show & Tell area ("Wettest Wet I Can Get").
Old 11-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #7

Tried it this weekend. Great results although I also did a thorough claying with a box of Mother's Clay. I like products that can be applied quickly and youre back on the road. This might be used on more than just my wheels going forward.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote