Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2005, 08:06 AM   #1

Boxster better than your chiropractor

Last Sunday, I did some cleaning up and moving in the garage to make way for the car. Did it in a small amount of time and somehow I strained my back as I was hurting on the right side of the lower back the next day (tolerable however). I thought it's going to go away within a week & in a gradual manner as they always do when you pull or strained your muscle . Working in the medical field, I know a thing or two about what to expect with this case.

However, its has been 2 weeks as of last Tuesday that I haven't driven the boxster because of time constraint. So finally got the chance to drive it Tuesday (I was still hurting) night for an hour and a half of spirited driving and to my surprise the next day, my pain is totally gone!!! I'm suspecting that the seat gave the relief as its provides excellent lumbar support that gives the necessary traction on my lower back hence relieving the pain or it could also might have been a fluke. Either ways, I guess our boxsters ca act as a double whammy therapists, stress (morale booster) and back ache reliever.

pecto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 AM   #2
bmussatti

Another explanation to your pain relief is Endorphins!

Chemically speaking, Endorphins are polypeptides, which are able to bind to neuro-receptors in the brain, and give relief from pain.

We produce these endorphins from a wide variety of activities, ranging from physical activity, laughter, sexual stimulation, eating certain foods and yes, spirited driving!
Old 11-19-2005, 01:50 PM   #3

My buddy has a bad hip that needs replacement. He drove my boxster and voila! He felt a lot better.

I think it's the healing power of Porsche! Don't tell anyone your car has healing power or they'll all want to drive it.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote