986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   HELP! Need IMS Removal Tool! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/42672-help-need-ims-removal-tool.html)

Homeboy981 01-10-2013 05:07 AM

HELP! Need IMS Removal Tool!

I thought a friend was going to lend his IMS removal tool for my pending IMS/RMS/Clutch replacement project. Now am not able to get tool, hmm. There must be people on this forum that have replaced their IMS that no longer need the tool and/or would be willing to recover some of the expense they paid by renting it out for the job, maybe a couple weeks.

I have all the parts due in this weekend and no IMS extractor tool….anybody have one I can use? It will only be used by me and I will pay for any damage or replace tool, whichever you prefer.

Will be happy to cover S&H too.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Meir 01-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeboy981 (Post 323206)
I thought a friend was going to lend his IMS removal tool for my pending IMS/RMS/Clutch replacement project. Now am not able to get tool, hmm. There must be people on this forum that have replaced their IMS that no longer need the tool and/or would be willing to recover some of the expense they paid by renting it out for the job, maybe a couple weeks.

I have all the parts due in this weekend and no IMS extractor tool….anybody have one I can use? It will only be used by me and I will pay for any damage or replace tool, whichever you prefer.

Will be happy to cover S&H too.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Hi mark.
PM me your address and i will send you main.
just send it back when you done, and cover the shipping costs.
i'm at the CES in Vegas at the moment, so i can only ship it Monday morning.
i can also send you the flywheel locking tool i build, and the screws to drive in the IMS cover.

rcbox2k1 01-10-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meir (Post 323265)
Hi mark.
i can also send you the flywheel locking tool i build, and the screws to drive in the IMS cover.

Not to change to subject...but CES?? FUN!!

Kenny Boxster 01-10-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Hi mark.

That's too cool. I will see if I can help Mark too as well since he is the Dallas area and we've done many boxster meetings together. I even made my own XZN micro-bolt when I did my clutch from the tight spaces involved.

Homeboy981 01-11-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Hi mark.

Thanks Meir!

You are saving me a ton here! All the parts, and no way of putting them in!

Thanks Again!