Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #1

Interesting Problem With...

Hello guys new to board , and looks like this one is very helpful...
so im here to get your advice and help...
in April of 2005 iv bought Porsche Boxster 2.7 ( 2002 year with 48.000 km on it ) im living in Azerbaijan myself and bought it from UAE - Dubai from hands ( no dealer ) so i think that there is no waranty on this car , of even if there is i dont know that...
yesterday i was driving my car at autoban and at speed like 180km/h there came out lots of white smoke out of exaust ( and clunck sound out of motor ) i slowed down immiadiatly - car was still on and engine was working and turned it off... i went out of car and looked to exaust it was all red ... i tryed and engine was hot i think... i tryed to start it up and didnt work , tryed it 3-4 more times didnt work... so i just took car to my garage. car is 49.500km now btw

there is no dealer or anything of Porsche in Azerbaijan ( Baku ) so im not sure what to do i think that there car ( or engine ) should be under waranty at porsche anyway...

what should i do

thanks in advance

chewbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
bmussatti

Well, it truly is a global market!

You need to find a Porsche dealer. In the United States of America, Porsche is under warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. I don't know the warranty in other parts of the world.

If your car is under warranty, can you get it to a surrounding dealer, possibly in Iran or Armenia?
Old 11-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #3

i need to check if there is dealer in iran of armenia

but if it is like that , its gonna be problem to take car there

is there anyway to make this without dealer ?

or porsche need to check car first
Old 11-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
bmussatti

Can you find anything in your owners manual or warrenty book? Does Porsche have a web site in your part of the world?

Possibly they offer warrenty service at authorized, non-Porsche, dealers in the UAE or surrounding area.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:32 PM   #5

dont have user manual or anything like that

and its really problem to move car to somewhere out of my country

by the way guys i had probem with the catalyst before it was getting heat becuz there was getting fuel into it , so i had no other choise but clean inside of the catalyst i dont think anyway that its somehow connected with engine bow

but question is , is porsche working good without the catalyst or cleaned catalyst ?

thanks in advance