Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #1

NAV disc , Dealer Clueless

Hi folk.

Have a 2008 BoxterS from a non Porsche dealer. Came without the NAV system disc .

Seemed a quick fix, just buy a replacement disc right ? (Wrong)!

So disc came
P/n 997 044 904 61
'license Key for PCM 3.0/PCM 3.1 Navigation Database America Sportscar/Pamamera 05.2011 - A couple of hundred bucks.

Doesnt work.
Dealer said, no worries, this is the 'upgraded software, we now just need to order the aditional data disc. (?)

Well its nearly 8 months, Porsche dealer and Parts dept dont seem to understand what p/n I need to get the Nav system running. All I get is varied and entertaining novel new excuses on why the 'order' isnt here.

Anyone know what the heck I need to get a Nav System on this 2008 North American Boxter S ? Would be grateful !

Eamo.

Eamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #2

Try searching this website to download and burn onto a DVD

GPS Underground :: Your Tracks Guide

Porsche

good luck.

Past Cars
2006 MB C180k
2005 Peugeot 306
1980 928
2004 Subaru Liberty GT
2000 Nissan Pulsar SSS
smagerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #3

Garage
Eamo, I am sort of in the same boat as you. I recently purchased a 2006 Boxster S with Nav, and it also came without a Nav DVD. I have found DVDs on eBay for about $100, but they are only as new as 2008. Five year old data isn't going to be all that helpful, and I cannot find anything newer. At one of my two local (St. Louis, MO) Porsche stores did not seem to have much of a clue, either, so before I call 1-800 PORSCHE, I'm going to check with my other local Porsche store.

Anyone else out there having this problem? Other than this (and a failed emissions test which I will retake soon), I love this car!!

Sincerely,
Brian G,

BamaBoxster STL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disc , gps , navigation , satnav