986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Way too much fun ... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/41182-way-too-much-fun.html)

AKnowles 12-03-2012 07:00 PM

Way too much fun ...

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of my new (to me) 1999 Porsche Boxster. It has 76K on it. I'm having fun driving it already, but the original stereo was replaced with an inexpensive Sony. As my first mod, I plan to replace it soon with a double DIN Kenwood with GPS (have one in my old Ford Escape and miss it) plus upgrade the speakers and amplifier. If anyone is interested in the upgrade process, let me know and I'll start a new thread with pictures to document the process.

Art

WhipE350 12-03-2012 07:27 PM

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new Box...now if it stops raining in CA you'll be able to enjoy it :)

AKnowles 12-03-2012 07:32 PM

Thanks. I live in the Palm Dsert/Palm Springs area. It rarely rains in the desert. :) Thankfully, it also has a really cold AC for the hot days in spring/summer so I should be good year round! Did I forget to mention that is is my wife's favorite color? :)

I was actually there to look at the 2003 BMW Z4 in the background, but my wife had an issue with the "doggie" smell. As we walked through the interior of the showcase and saw the boxster my wife jumped up with the words "Awesome!!!" so a test drive later and a small (relatively) cash payment later we took it home.

WhipE350 12-03-2012 07:42 PM

You made the right choice...back in 2010 when I was looking for mine...I almost went the BMW route...after a few test drives I knew better.

Topless 12-03-2012 08:31 PM

Nice ride and a lotta car for the $$$. Next January we are doing a high performance driver education at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in Desert Center. I you would like to explore some of the finer points :D of your new Porsche, come out and play with the PCA.

jb92563 12-04-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKnowles (Post 318125)
Here's a picture of my new (to me) 1999 Porsche Boxster. It has 76K on it. I'm having fun driving it already, but the original stereo was replaced with an inexpensive Sony. As my first mod, I plan to replace it soon with a double DIN Kenwood with GPS (have one in my old Ford Escape and miss it) plus upgrade the speakers and amplifier. If anyone is interested in the upgrade process, let me know and I'll start a new thread with pictures to document the process.

Art

Nice looking Box, Merry X-mas.

Now you are going to be spoiled on Porsche driving forever.

As a new Boxster owner myself I highly recommend the Performance Driving School for Porsches. I went to the one in San Diego this fall and had a great time, made some new friends, learned important driving skills and how to really get the most fun out of the car.

BruceH 12-04-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKnowles (Post 318125)

Art

Great choice! I love the Zenith Blue. I almost bought a Zenith Blue base but found my Lapis Blue S which was in better condition. I am still debating a double din. I have been looking at the Kenwoods and JVC,s. by all means, start a thread:cheers:

AKnowles 12-04-2012 07:44 PM

Well actually this one is Violet Blue Metallic. In the sunlight (clear no overcast like in the photo) it actually looks a bit more purple.

As for the PCA, I have been thinking about ti along with a bit of "driver education". I'll join the PCA this month, but the driver education will need to wait a bit until I've had a chance to have the car checked out a bit more thoughly. Might even want to put an IMS Guardian in it - just in case. A lot is going to depend on what I can find about the past history. Maybe a nice Porche service advisor will be willing to help me out if I take it to the dealer and ask nicely. :)

BruceH 12-05-2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKnowles (Post 318568)
Well actually this one is Violet Blue Metallic. In the sunlight (clear no overcast like in the photo) it actually looks a bit more purple.

Still looks great!

SeanZ4 12-05-2012 07:55 AM

My '00S is Zenith Blue and it looks identical in color. I had an '03 Z4 before the Boxster. I traded it in and down 3 years for the Boxster. That was 4+ years ago and I've never looked back. Good choice!