986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Topless Love... (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/3803-topless-love.html)

Rail26 09-28-2005 04:39 AM

Topless Love...

I have had my top down everyday since Jul 22! A couple of times I had to put it up for rainshowers, but it came down later in the day. Love the Box and I love her even more with no top on! Is this a record yet?

fefyfo 09-28-2005 04:50 AM

I've had mine for a little over a month and the top has been down everyday unless it's raining. I absolutely love driving with the top down at night. I hope this isn't the result of the honeymoon phase because if it is, I don't want it to end.

Rail26 09-28-2005 05:02 AM

Top down on a cool desert night is the best...I just wish we could do something about speed limits. I really want to open her up in a safe, responsible area.

limoncello 09-28-2005 06:12 AM

Agree, top down rides in the evening rock.

Only here in the Deep South, the bumper gets covered in bugs. Even 70 mph seems to fuse them into the paint. A good coat of wax is vital.
Not as bad as Florida love bugs, though... :rolleyes:

Pilot2519j 09-28-2005 06:46 AM

Great fall driving coming up

In the NE has been a relatively dry spell. Every day coming and returning from work is the top down. Now as we head into fall the weather is fantastic as it gets cool in the morning and in the afternoon. This is what makes this car so fantastic and a joy to own and to drive. :cool:

TVC15 09-28-2005 10:16 AM

I envy all of you in pastoral rural areas!

In an urban area like Los Angeles, top-down driving isn't always pleasant (bus fumes, long idles in traffic, the radio blaring from the car next to you, etc.), but at night after rush hour(s), Driving thru the city looking up at the stars and skyscrapers is magical. And of course, weekend drives along the Pacific Coast Highway are terrific.

Plus, there's a certain satisfaction in just *knowing* that you could drop the top!

Edd 09-28-2005 12:02 PM

Topless

Thirteen months and the top has only been up twice!!

MNBoxster 09-28-2005 12:09 PM

Hi,

Probably cheating here, but our Boxster is only a Sunny Day, Fun car . So, the top has been down since the day I bought it save for those times when I'm washing it.

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99

bmussatti 09-28-2005 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Probably cheating here, but our Boxster is only a Sunny Day, Fun car . So, the top has been down since the day I bought it save for those times when I'm washing it.

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99

Does it "hurt" the top to keep it down for long periods of time? Say when it is parked in your garage for a few days, weeks or months??

AUDIOGUY 09-28-2005 02:25 PM

Going topless never gets old! I have had convertibles for over 6 years now and I still love driving with the top down! There is just something about being connected with the whole driving experioence. The wind, the sound, I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Topless and loving it!
Joe
01 Boxster S
Triple Black