986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   How are all our Long Island folks doing? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/37913-how-all-our-long-island-folks-doing.html)

Eric G 11-01-2012 05:02 AM

How are all our Long Island folks doing?

I have not seen any thing about the LI except to hear the news talk about the rail road. How bad was the Island hit and how are our folks out there doing?

I hope all of you are safe!

Ghostrider 310 11-01-2012 05:18 AM

I second that, may your families be safe with homes undamaged and Boxsters dry.

paintboy 11-01-2012 05:19 AM

They showed a burned out husk of a Boxster in the Sandy Point fire. Reminds me of how things were in Los Angeles after the Northridge earthquake. Not as bad as east coast but pretty close.

Homeboy981 11-01-2012 08:06 AM

Hope your families are O.K. and you guys are drying out!

Property CAN BE replaced…even a Box.

God Bless!

Eric G 11-01-2012 12:35 PM

Road Condition Information by State (Hope this helps someone)

Stat Website

Connecticut

CT511 - Connecticut's Interactive Transportation Information System

Delaware

Delaware Department of Transportation - Home

District of Columbia

District of Columbia Traffic and Road Closure Information | Federal Highway Administration

Traffic Advisories

Maine

Maine DOT Travel Information Service

Maryland

Maryland 511 - Know before you go!
MDSHA: Emergency Truck Parking Map

Massachusetts

Traffic Conditions

New Hampshire

511 Traveler Information | NH Department of Transportation

New Jersey

511nj.org :: Home

Hurricane Sandy Information - The Port Authority of NY & NJ

Twitter PANYNJ

New York

511NY. Get Connected to Go.

New York State Thruway

Hurricane Sandy Information - The Port Authority of NY & NJ

MTA Service Advisory

Twitter PANYNJ

North Carolina

NCDOT: Travel Information

Pennsylvania

511PA - Travel Info To Go

Pennsylvania Department of Transportation

Rhode Island

Traffic Management Center: Rhodeways

Detours/News

South Carolina

http://www.511sc.org

Vermont

www.5111vt.com

Virginia

Virginia 511 Web

West Virginia

Rich Spatial Flex Viewer

ProjectM96 11-01-2012 12:39 PM

I was in Philly. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No power for 1-3 days. Fallen trees everywhere. flooded roads here and there. But as far as I know, it wasn't bad enough to flood any cars.

I was worried because my car was parked outside under a transformer and pole. I don't have a garage so I couldn't park it elsewhere. That pole was waving around so much in the wind. I cleaned all the leaves off my car after the storm to prevent the drain holes from clogging.

Dgrange 11-01-2012 04:29 PM

I live in Southern CT, we had winds and floods. Loads of trees down and power outs. My Jag was outside and the Box in my garage which was safe and sound......just a huge clean up in my village now....

Bala 11-02-2012 07:18 AM

Lost power on Sunday which came back last night. Still having gas shortage and some areas without power. Think we were one on the lucky ones. Just have a lot of cleanup to do which is nothing compared to what some neighbors have got hit with. Very sad but folks are resilient.

nieuwhzn 11-02-2012 05:36 PM

Moved Boxxie safely indoors.
The worst was on late Monday afternoon when the wind was coming from the North-East. We have a huge tree in the front yard that was blown in the direction of our roof. Decided that was time to move the family to the ground floor. Luckily the only thing that happened was the tree shedding a big branch that landed in the front yard. At the same time several trees came down in our cross street cutting the power lines. We have had power all the time since we are close to a major feeding line. The people downstream were less lucky, they are still without power. On Halloween we were the only ones with lighted decorations!

All in all I think this was a very close shave. A finite number of trees came down, unfortunately some on top of cars and houses. Lots of people are still without power. Parts of the South shore were flooded. In a way Long Island was lucky still compared to the utter devastation of, for instance, Staten Island.

Bryan topping 11-02-2012 06:03 PM

Hang in there guys.

Eric G 11-02-2012 08:08 PM

Everyone and I mean everyone is in our prayers!