986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Wjere do I get one of these? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/37904-wjere-do-i-get-one-these.html)

Mrmaddbrad 10-30-2012 09:11 PM

Wjere do I get one of these?

So I've been looking for this style of rear hat tray for a few months. Ever since I had 2004 boxster come in that had this option from the factory, i knew it was the way to go for more bass while keeping all of the car's style and functionality.

I finally hunted one down on some crazy Euro website, for about $750 USD. Does anyone have an idea where I can track one of these down for cheaper or more local? lol. Looking for one with black carpet.

And how do they connect to the headunit? I assume they have a quick disconnect so you can still get to the motor relatively quickly?

Speaker Bose Upgrade Porsche 986 - 98664556601 | Design 911

2003S 10-31-2012 05:10 AM

I assume it connects directly to the amp in the frunk, not the HU. That's how I wired up the PNP rear speaker kit; I'm not sure if the Bose option had a special amp or other hardware to support that setup, though.

The cheaper option if you already have the rear storage compartment is the Harvey PNP kit, which I find pretty decent, but I doubt it has the quite the bass the Bose unit does, it's just rear channel speakers, no sub. (but on the up-side, you can still store some stuff in the center compartment...

If you don't have a rear storage compartment, that'll set you back a bit more though...

Homeboy981 10-31-2012 05:34 AM

You can make one for significantly less.

Just take your regular storage box, add 5.25" speakers, buy a quick disconnect at Radio Shack for a couple bucks…and enjoy FULL sound spatialization!

PM for the rest!

Mighty Shilling 10-31-2012 08:43 AM

I have this option. It's awesome! Anyway, there is a quick disconnect that goes to a plug on the right side under the top. undo that, and you're on your way to getting to the motor.

tuanle16 10-31-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeboy981 (Post 311270)

Just take your regular storage box, add 5.25" speakers, buy a quick disconnect at Radio Shack for a couple bucks…and enjoy FULL sound spatialization!

PM for the rest!

please send me info. PM sent. is this the same as "harvey's upgrade"?

Bryan topping 10-31-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

PM for the rest!

PM sent to you

Mrmaddbrad 10-31-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

PM for the rest!

Whhhattt? I must know more 0.o

I know Harvey's kit has 4 3" speakers, correct? And, i'm pretty positive I'm never going to get much bass out of 3" speakers. Haha.

I was hoping you could add 6.5"s in there because that is the smallest subwoofer I've ever seen. I have seen "Midwoofer" 5.25", but they generally don't have any shallow mounting ones. Any idea on the maximum mounting depth?

PM Sent!

bebeto986 10-31-2012 05:25 PM

Im about to upgrade my hole system whit alpine and focal speakers and amp I show details and pics ... I will start in Jan 2013 I'm trying to see where I'm going to locate my sub and I'm working right now whit location for the nest staging and image possible when I'm done whit that hem I start whit my focal project which me luck!!

http://images.wikia.com/boxster/images/b/b6/Boxster_speakers_update_article.pdf