Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #1

Garage
Ready for cold weather

Yesterday, the weather was decent so I swapped out the summer wheels and tires for a set of 17" twists I picked up a couple of months ago. I had a set of all-season Kumho Ecsta 4Xs mounted on the 17s. The 4X is the replacement tire for the ASX , which a lot of BMW guys (my former community) ran on their E46s. I know AS tires aren't great for lots of snow, but here the temp gets cold with occasional snow and on snow days the Box will stay in the garage. I will post later with a review of the Kumhos for anyone interested.

Also did my first oil change using a pair of Rhino ramps, a new drain plug and Mann oil filter and Mobil 1 0W-40. No issues, but I was amazed at how much oil Boxsters hold.

Have already replaced the air filter, pollen filter and light switch, and installed a new headunit and amplifier bypassing the MOST. The DIYs on the forum are great. Next project is replacing the two front hood struts.

Steve03986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #2

Garage
I went with the Tuff Support brand from Pelican... they fit and work like a charm... and the price is right too
Project 79: Hood Shock Replacement - Page 1

Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote