Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Livin' a dream!

Garage
CEL and driving hiatus

Well I've been putting off the 45K maintenance and now my CEL lit up!

Anyone have experience with Perfection Auto Works in Tucson? Their technician Mike finally got back to me and they're booked up, seems like a good sign.

I don't NEED to drive my Box for the next week, I'm just going out of town for a month and wife won't drive it anyway. But knowing my Box is in pain and not fixing it (or driving it) before I leave is sad.

Speaking of being gone for a month, should I disconnect the battery? I know it goes into its low/no-power state after a week but is it better to disconnect it anyway?

I have a battery jumper and it was easy connecting it to the fuse and opening the latch after it had been in storage so no issue with the electric switch. Thoughts?

Last edited by greenandtan; 09-25-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: actual question for forum members, not just griping
greenandtan is offline   Reply With Quote