986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Fog lights don't turn off! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/37083-fog-lights-dont-turn-off.html)

dbazos 08-26-2012 06:28 PM

Fog lights don't turn off!

I was driving the other day and noticed that the green indicator for the front fog lights was on ( just under the headlight dial switch). I didn't remember turning it on, and it doesn't seem to want to turn off. I checked the front of the car and they are turned on.

Does this sound like a failed headlight switch? All the other lights turn on and off including the rear fog lights, but I can't get the front ones to turn off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2003 Boxster S

ppbon 08-27-2012 06:58 AM

To turn off the fog lights ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbazos (Post 303291)
I was driving the other day and noticed that the green indicator for the front fog lights was on ( just under the headlight dial switch). I didn't remember turning it on, and it doesn't seem to want to turn off. I checked the front of the car and they are turned on.

Does this sound like a failed headlight switch? All the other lights turn on and off including the rear fog lights, but I can't get the front ones to turn off.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2003 Boxster S

... PUSH the switch in.
Pulling it out one click turns on the front fogs.
Pulling it out two clicks turns on the rear fog light.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

shadowprincess25 08-27-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppbon (Post 303337)
... PUSH the switch in.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

OMG really? I didn't know how to work those. Well thank you Pedro!

dbazos 08-27-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppbon (Post 303337)
... PUSH the switch in.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Hi Pedro
Thanks for the info but the front fog lights are on when all the lights are turned off.
In the off position: green fog light indicator is on and fog lights are on when you look at the car.
In the parking light position: green indicator is still on.
In the parking light position pulled on click: green indicator still on
In the parking light position pulled 2 clicks: both green indicator for front and yellow indicator for rear fog lights are on.
If I push the knob back in 2 clicks, the green indicator is still on.

It doesn't want to turn off! To bad there's no fog tonight.
It must be broken.

Any ideas???

Thanks

particlewave 08-27-2012 08:46 PM

That's most likely a switch problem. You can either remove and disassemble/repair the switch or replace it.