Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2005, 10:16 AM   #1

Thumbs up Hello and welcome to me.....

New to this forum, hi to everyone. I have an Audi TT coupe at the minute which i lease on contract hire and is due to go back a week on wednesday

but.....

Have a brand spanker 05 boxster on order which should arive 1/11/05

I've always wanted to own a porsche and this is my chance....i can't flippin wait. Only bad thing is although its only £50 a month more than the TT to lease (amazing) i am really streched and had to order it as bog standard...i mean i coudn't even stretch to metallic paint I know there is no way i'm gonna be dissapointed with the car but if i'm honest i can't honestly say i've seen a non-metallic black boxster before? Does anyone have any pics? Also what are the standard seats like?, does the alcantara/leatherette finish look any good? Again any pics.

Cheers people,
Pg

PeteGaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #2
bmussatti

Pete, you should be able to see pictures on Porsche's web site, in the "build your own" section. There are a lot of black Boxster in the USA, and they look great. Just hard to take care of. Several members of this board have pictures that I am sure you can find by searching.

I have a question though, why do you have to wait so long, for a 2005 when the 2006's have been out since August??
Old 09-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Pete, you should be able to see pictures on Porsche's web site, in the "build your own" section. There are a lot of black Boxster in the USA, and they look great. Just hard to take care of. Several members of this board have pictures that I am sure you can find by searching.

I have a question though, why do you have to wait so long, for a 2005 when the 2006's have been out since August??

Sorry mate i meant 06! I've been on the website and tried the 'build your own' (god knows how many times ) but the colour seems to be too computer generated to really get the feel. When i ordered my TT (also black!) i was advised to go for mettalic (pearlescent) as it would hide more scratches...is this a true fact?

Cheers,

Pg
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #4

Porsche only offers two blacks on the 987, the "standard black" and the "basalt black metallic". Surprisingly, the standard black is much more common in dealer inventories than the metallic.

The first three pictures are of three different cars in standard black. The last picture is of the metallic black, albeit different lighting.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky

Last edited by SD987; 09-13-2005 at 11:09 AM.
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 AM   #5

Cheers for them man, great help! Is it fair to say that the non-metalic black seems almost, blacker!?

Pg
Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #6

If I were to buy 987 I'm partial to the Basalt grey with tan leather
or my personal all time favourite Arctic Silver with Boxster REd interior. CLASSIC!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:14 PM   #7

ba·salt ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-sôlt, bsôlt)
n : the commonest type of solidified lava; a dense dark gray fine-grained igneous rock composed chiefly of calcium-rich plagioclase feldspar and pyroxene

Yeah, I guess it's wrong for us and Porsche to call it black.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:09 PM   #8

Here's a nice basalt with terracotta.

longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote