Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2005, 07:14 PM   #1

Need wiring for rear speaker, or help!

Hey guys I need the wiring harness that runs from my cr-220 becker unit to my new rear speaker kit. I called suncoast porsche and they said that there is a part number for it but that it's no longer available to order. Does anyone have a good supplier for this or a hack that'll take care of it. I guess i could hard wire it but would rather keep it plug and play for times that i need to remove the rear speaker storage. If anyone has one that they can spare I'd be happy to pay reasonable price. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:57 PM   #2

I don't have the harness for you - I'm surprised they can't get it.

I do know about this hack for rear speakers if you decide to hardwire it yourself. I have been thinking about doing it:

http://www.gagme.com/greg/Boxster/hacks/rearspeakers.php

Good Luck,
Larez2
larez2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:26 PM   #3

Lightbulb

The guy that makes the mod'ed rear speakers is very knowledgeable on the subject. His name is Harvey. 944nut at comcast dot com is his email.

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #4

I've tried sending 2 emails to Harvey but am getting an error trying to do so. Maybe im not entering the address properly. Thanks for the effort guys. I'm still hoping for a removable solution so anyone w/ ideas please respond. Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #5

I don't think Porsche has ever sold the harness as a part. You have to buy the entire rear speaker kit to get the harness.

But Becker does sell the harness. One of our local guys bought the harness a few months ago from Becker. You should also ask them for the white clip that goes on the roll bar. Porsche does not sell the clip either, just Becker.
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:31 AM   #6

Any good stereo shop you be able to provide. It is listed as a VW harness and they have a cross reference guide.

Last edited by Brucelee; 09-18-2005 at 05:57 AM.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 08:40 PM   #7

Thanks for the info guys. I did a little research and have gotten the North American contact information for Becker. If anyone else finds a need for this send me a private msg. I'd be happy to share the part numbers or phone number.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #8

Post the part number and Becker's phone number for NA here on this thread. This way, when Boxster owners do searches and read through the archives they'll see it straight away and you won't be PM'd endlessly.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 10:53 PM   #9

I just did this on my Boxster. I went to the salvage yard and found a late model VW (they have the same radio connectors as the boxster). I actually dismantled the VW connector, removed the pins and re-inserted them into my factory porsche connector. I then ran wires up the center console to the rear speaker console. I may have an extra radio connector because I think I purchased two. Let me know if you are interested, I really don't need it.
claudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #10

North American Becker- (201)327-3434
rear speaker cable- 5001.211-276
Hope this helps someone out in the future. I dont have the part number for the white clip or radio removal tools, but the customer service rep can get them for you. Both are very cheap. I've seen the removal tools for around $8 on ebay. I believe they were less than $3 direct from becker.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #11

Looked at my old notes and Porsche does sell the cable. PNA986KITCBL. List is $92.

Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote