986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Have you named your Boxster? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/3666-have-you-named-your-boxster.html)

Rail26 09-11-2005 04:01 PM

Have you named your Boxster?

I ran into a fellow Boxster owner the other day and during our conversation he kept referring to "Lucy". I couldn't figure out who he was talking about so I finally asked if "Lucy" was his wife. Nope, it was his car. His car was quite an odd color combination...purple with gold intakes and gold rims. Kind of Liberace for me, but he loved it and that is all that matters right? Have any of you named your Boxsters? Be honest.

spine911 09-11-2005 04:29 PM

"Have any of you named your Boxsters? Be honest.".............ahhhh, seriouly???..........No(Thats what happens when you match Purple with Gold intake and rims)...lol... :cheers:

RandallNeighbour 09-11-2005 04:36 PM

I do not name cars nor do I name the fish in my fish tank. Neither will come to you when you call their name, so there's no need to name them in my book.

That guy you met sounds as if he's one brick shy of a full load.

lexuspilot 09-11-2005 05:45 PM

The General "Lee"

Yeeehaaaa

nautiquelfe 09-11-2005 05:54 PM

If you happen to run into the guy again please take a couple of pics to share w/ us. I'd love to see such an odd color combination! To each there own I always say. No name for mine as of now.

Rail26 09-11-2005 07:55 PM

I will definately take pictures if and when I see him again.

lexuspilot 09-11-2005 08:19 PM

Was this on our side of the border?

A boxster would make a sweet lowrider:D

limoncello 09-12-2005 04:01 AM

true confessions - in past years we referred to some of our cars as noted:
1976 - Italy. called our rusty 1964 (?) Austin A40 "the mutt"
1978 - Italy. 0ur 1978, new Fiat 128 was "the banana car". Yup, bright yellow.
1982 - Italy. The turquoise Fiat 124 sedan (1600 cc) was "the tank". Indestructible.
1999 - US. The former rental car Taurus was "the Bull" (pronounced 'Bool')
The boxster - no name really. Was gonna put "LMNCLLO" as a rear tag, but haven't gotten around to it. Took it on the track friday at Turn 1 Motorsports (good folks). When you get the boxster on the track, the only name that comes to mind is awesome. What an incredible performer -

Porschev 09-12-2005 07:44 AM

Portia

pronounced as "PORSHA", when i love her.
B*** then she brokes down

JP-s-in st. louis 09-12-2005 08:00 AM

Mine is "Stuie" I will let you guess why. :cheers:

SD987 09-12-2005 08:57 AM

I creatively named mine "Blue", on account of the color. But after a particularly spirited ride this allows me to yell out..."Blue, you're my boy !"

I'm curious though whether folks think the Boxster should be referred to as a he or a she. Or are all cars like ships...a she.

xavier405 09-12-2005 11:28 AM

No name

My first car was a 1983 Volvo 240 DL Wagon, light blue... I drove it in college in the mid 90s. The license plate was ZUE-1234, and so the car found the name "Zeus". It was the perfect college car, and it seemed everybody loved Zeus. If we were going somewhere, my friends would shout, "Can we take Zeus?"

No name for my Boxster, though. I dunno, I think if the car is funky and has an odd character, then a name seems to be appropriate. If a car is clean and new, then I think a name just doesn't seem so appropriate.

Ronzi 09-14-2005 08:26 AM

I name the cars I care about. The Box is "Susie", because it's yellow with a black interior, like a black-eyed susan flower.
I have a white '64 MGB named "Blondie" for obvious reasons.
I think the first car I named was a '77 Jeep CJ7 I called "Boris". But he pissed me off when he left me stranded with a dead fuel pump one savagely dark night in a ski area parking lot 100 miles from home. So I took his name away and sold his miserable butt shortly thereafter. No more names for the utilitarian gear.

Perfectlap 09-14-2005 09:39 AM

A girl I was recently seeing from a foreign country couldn't pronounce the S-H
sound and would refer to my "fancy" :mad: car as the Porch.
I had to tell her I couldn't see her anymore.

tqtran 09-14-2005 10:37 AM

I don't think thats abnormal for someone to name their car if they are attached to it. I say, naming a car is not as bad as when people named "pet rocks" :rolleyes:

donv 09-14-2005 06:23 PM

My first car, a Rambler, was named "Ernie" by my friends and it just stuck. The license plate ended -ERN . The name seemed to just fit the car... and no car with the same tags on it have held the name since.

The Boxster has a vanity plate and some people refer to it by the name on the plate, but not me. It is always just "the Boxster" or "the fun car". :cheers: