Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1

ECU Upgrade Maps.

So in the near future, I am going to get an ECU map upgrade.

From my understanding as part of the mapping, they will ask me what climate I use my car in, how sprited I drive it, what modifications I have, and so on to make the best out of power and reliability.

However, I want the ability to switch everything back to stock settings if I ever sell the car and part it out in the future. After all, a stock Boxster is worth more than a modified one.

Is there anyway to download the original MAP back, or even better, is there a switch that lets me switch between MAPs easily?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #2

Garage
softronic system makes a back up of your stock settings to store before you remap so you can revert back any time.
2x Range Rover Classic & CSK
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
softronic system makes a back up of your stock settings to store before you remap so you can revert back any time.
Yes, but does that mean I have to pay another $$$ and send my ECU back to the shop to get the stock settings back? I want a way to easily do it myself from home.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #4

Garage
well from their website it seems you buy a cable and the software for your computer, you hook it up to the OBD port and do it from there.

google softronic.us and have a look at their webiste.

i have no affiliation to them.. its the remap solution i am considering too

edit: i have no affiliation to them.. damn wireless keyboard batteries are running low.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-27-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #5

Garage
FVD/Brombacher does custom ecu tuning, wherein the original "map" is stored on a CD in the event the client wants to restore his or her vehicle back to the oem settings . They created a custom file for me, and I was very pleased with the outcome .

FVD Brombacher Online Shop - FVD98661830 - Software Upgrade Boxster 986S 3.2L (FastLoad) - ENGINE → Tuning → Chip / Motronic / DME

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 07-27-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #6

Garage
thanks for the additional info Johnny, how do you find the ecu change ? what was the decider in going for the FVD remap over any others ?

a good recommendation to me is worthwhile having as i'm a bit lairy of basically hacking the software and finding it buggy after the fact.

Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 07-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
thanks for the additional info Johnny, how do you find the ecu change ? what was the decider in going for the FVD remap over any others ?

a good recommendation to me is worthwhile having as i'm a bit lairy of basically hacking the software and finding it buggy after the fact.
The custom ecu program was part and parcel of a number of upgrades that FVD performed for me. Overall, I was extremely pleased them and their vast knowledge with regard to "tuning" Porsches . As far as the ecu upgrade alone is concerned, let's just say it was like icing on the cake. It really served to optimize the air/fuel ratios and parameters after several major modifications had been performed (i.e. headers, cats, catback, air intake, under drive pulley, plenum ect..). I highly recommend them !