Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #1

fuel pump &/or fuel pump relay problem

My 911 C4 starts right up but then dies after heating up & running 15-20 minutes. Then it'll crank but won't start. After sitting/cooling for awhile it starts right up but then the same routine persists; it dies after the 15-20 minutes. When you turn the key to the on position you can hear a high pitched humming in the fuel pump for 5-10 seconds before you hear clicking. It's not the normal clicking noise you hear from a fuel pump either. So I'm guessing after it warms up the fuel pump quits working or there's a fuel pump relay that's stops working or both...?

I read some of the "hot starting" posts but I'm guessing those won't restart after they're hot vs. the car quitting while running & then won't restart until it sits/cools...?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you,
Dean

denvergold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #2

Garage
HP Fuel Pump

don't know the year of your car, but the fuel pump on my 2010 was replaced under warranty. didn't exhibit any issues.