986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Best place to get clear headlights, turnsignals, and taillights? also HID question (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/35464-best-place-get-clear-headlights-turnsignals-taillights-also-hid-question.html)

Tim1137 05-14-2012 05:02 AM

Best place to get clear headlights, turnsignals, and taillights? also HID question

My 02 boxster came with the amber headlights, amber bumper lights, and red/amber taillights. The headlights are in rough shape and so are the bumper lights. Id like to change them all to the "clear" stuff with no amber. Where should I be looking for all these parts for a good price?

Secondly, my car came with the halogen lights, and Id like to put an aftermarket "HID kit" in it. Is there anything special I should know about when installing a kit, or is your normal everyday "plug and play" kit sufficient? Im also considering having a set of projectors retrofitted into the headlights as well for this. Any thoughts or opinions?

islandboxster75 05-14-2012 07:20 PM

Searches on this forum have answered many of your questions...gl

schnellman 05-15-2012 09:06 AM

Where?

I'm particularly cheap, so I did a lot of looking and bought my side marker lenses, headlights, and tail lights from three different sources. It took me two years to complete the project, but I saved a lot of money. Headlights and tail lights came from members of this forum. The side markers came from Pelican. I bought silver bulbs on Ebay.

Mark_T 05-15-2012 10:23 AM

headlights, silver bulbs - ebay
tail light lenses - this forum
marker lights - Pelican

I've seen some places that sell the whole package as a set for around $1200, but when I was looking they were either for right hand drive cars or they didn't ship to Canada, or they would ship to Canada but only by UPS or Fedex. It just never worked out.

Took me about six months to find the stuff I wanted at the price I was able to pay.

poarchman 05-31-2012 08:57 AM

I have a 1999 911, the outer cover of the headlights are broken, is there a way to buy that part or do you have to buy the headlight assembly? Thanks - Chris

SoK 05-31-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poarchman (Post 292225)
I have a 1999 911, the outer cover of the headlights are broken, is there a way to buy that part or do you have to buy the headlight assembly? Thanks - Chris

The large clear covering to the headlight? I that's cracked, you'll have to buy new head lamps..

CHeck out the DIY section for a thread about removing the amber parts of the headlamps. in that thread, there's a guy selling LED headlamps that you may like. If not, I'm thinking about buying them and will have mine for sale after I receive them.

Where in KY are you? I'm in NKY

kotto 06-28-2012 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark_T (Post 290418)
headlights, silver bulbs - ebay
tail light lens - this forum
marker lights - Pelican

I've seen some places that sell the whole package as a set for around $1200, but when I was looking they were either for right hand drive cars or they didn't ship to Canada, or they would ship to Canada but only by UPS or Fedex. It just never worked out.

Took me about six months to find the stuff I wanted at the price I was able to pay.

Well that answers your question. And I'm pretty sure that you won't need to go far away to get those stuff, I'm sure the vendors here on this forums has them.