Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 08:03 AM   #1

987 Roll Bar insert question

Did your new 987 come with the roll bar inserts if you bought the bose system with the windstop.

If not, did you buy them right away or are you waiting to add these one day... or not at all?

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #2

I got Windstop but no Bose System on my 987S and it did come with the mesh roll bar inserts. When I picked the car up the dealer had already put thewindstop and inserts on the car.
Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 06:18 AM   #3

Same here. Don't mean to open a can of worms, but I am really starting to despise the windstop...The material isn't very heavy and that thing shakes more than Kathryn Hepburn on a triple latte watching a scary movie in the middle of winter. I wish it was made of glass!
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:51 AM   #4

The problem does not lie with the material used for the windstop (Lexan). It's the fact that it's a really lousy design for holding it in place. I am going to have some plexiglass or lexan made the same size and toy with a far better way of holding it in place that is attractive and will NOT rattle. If I'm successful, I will start making them and selling them for half of what the dealerships charge for the lousy factory ones.

An inch of black felt on both sides of underside of the windstop will make it rattle less for a while (until that compresses and allows it to wiggle a bit and then you're back to rattles). Try it... I did and it worked for a while. Just make sure it's securely snapped into the top sides so it doesn't blow off.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote