986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Porsche's Fastest Color (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/35140-porsches-fastest-color.html)

Mrmaddbrad 04-28-2012 06:37 AM

Black. Because once you go black, you never go back. Obviously because you died because you were going so fast.

Jager 04-28-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmod986 (Post 288174)
So in reality the people with the viola porsches have the fastest color according to our engineering friend Jager? Interesting maybe its time to paint everything viola hahaha.

Surface color is the reflection of that frequency of light. If one were to believe that color had anything to do with speed we would have to consider white or black. White reflects all frequencies and black absorbs all. We all know black cars and interiors get very warm when the sun hits it, is that good or bad for speed? On the other hand white is a good color (or lack thereof) for the desert and is the coolest, is that good or bad for speed?

recycledsixtie 04-28-2012 07:40 AM

This may not be focus on speed as so much that color says a lot about the driver. I did look at a yellow 2000 Boxster but it screams look at me. Silver for me is too blah. Black is smart(but u will see me in the carwash a lot). Greens, reds, blues are good too.Whatever turns your crank. It does not matter the color here because everybody looks at a Porsche irrespective of color. Every Porsche color is right though.:)

Jager 04-28-2012 07:46 AM

I’m sure most of you are familiar with a Radiometer. When placed in a source of light, the vanes will turn in a direction that shows that the force on the dark surface is larger than that on the white surface. The direction of rotation is attributed to the greater heating of the black surface over the white. So with that fact, if your rear bumper was black and your front bumper was white, science supports the idea that you will go faster as long as you’re driving during the day. Driving at night you will gain no advantage, everyone will be on a level playing field.

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1335628005.jpg

milliemax 04-29-2012 04:44 AM

There are only 2 colors...............White and WRONG !!!

RandallNeighbour 04-29-2012 06:37 AM

This thread is racist and I shall not participate :)

thstone 04-29-2012 08:01 AM

Ignore this post...messed it up...

thstone 04-29-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 288303)
This thread is racist and I shall not participate :)

I believe that Arctic Silver is the polically correct choice!

jdiba 04-29-2012 09:44 AM

RandallNeighbour's right ! Screw U JD !

By the way....you think Porsche from its inception to today and what color IMMEDIATELY comes to mind I ask you ?

Kiss that rear end off to the left babeeeeeeee ! :cool:

Just sayin.....:D

May 19th JD don't forget. Larz Anderson Museum. Brookline. Porsche Concours.

Johnny Danger 04-29-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdiba (Post 288321)
RandallNeighbour's right ! Screw U JD !

By the way....you think Porsche from its inception to today and what color IMMEDIATELY comes to mind I ask you ?

Kiss that rear end off to the left babeeeeeeee ! :cool:

Just sayin.....:D

May 19th JD don't forget. Larz Anderson Museum. Brookline. Porsche Concours.

I'll make sure to mink oil my jumpsuit just for the occasion .

RandallNeighbour 04-29-2012 10:51 AM

Btw, my answer is RED.

milliemax 05-01-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milliemax (Post 288294)
There are only 2 colors...............White and WRONG !!!

I am sorry to you all because I should have explained. I own a white Porsche. I grew up in a boat yard and my grandfather always said " There are only 2 colors, white and wrong for the color choise of paint for a boat. I own a window company where most windows and blinds are white so the window will always go with any color of choise for years to come. And by the way, Watch out for that YELLOW SNOW up in Mass !!!

Ghostrider 310 05-01-2012 02:13 PM

I owned three boats in my life, your granddad was spot on.

jmatta 05-01-2012 06:49 PM

Black, no doubt, takes it all.:D

Perfectlap 05-02-2012 06:43 AM

The only thing fast about yellow is how fast it can get the attention of the Five-O so he can pull out the lazer and give you a fat ticket. I like spending my days driving with the top down not going to traffic court to keep points off my license.

I also wonder about stupid drivers fixating on the color and getting too close when they're trailing.