Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #1

Garage
Talking Found it! '98 Arctic Silver/Boxster Red

Well, I found her. After about a month of searching and driving all over SoCal I landed upon a nice little '98 manual (arctic silver with boxster red interior) and just couldn't pass it up. Previous owner was a wonderful guy, genuinely cared for the car, and just recently traded up for a 911 turbo. Price was fantastic and the seller was even willing to knock off quite a bit for the rear tires that will be due for a switch in the next couple months. Given that he just put nearly $4k into it at the end of March to replace the power steering pump, water pump, front wheel bearings, and the catalytic converter, he was a bit sad to see it go, but I'm all the happier for it! I test drove it on Tuesday and just made the offer/picked it up yesterday.

Drove the 50 or so odd miles home through the winding mountain roads and just couldn't help but smile the entire time. I've already got a few minor tinkering projects lined up (desnorkel, add a wind deflector, some minor interior maintenance, etc) after giving her a good once over during the ritualistic first wash, and I just wanted to throw up a quick picture for your collective viewing enjoyment! I'm sure there will be more to come!

(Oh, and pardon the gloom and dreariness. It was a bit of a foggy morning near the coast.)

EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #2

The car looks great, Eric! I bought my Boxster one year ago this week and I'm just as excited about the car today as I was when I brought it home. I found my wind deflector on eBay after some searching- I found a wide range of prices, some as high as $400? In the end I paid $100 for one in flawless condition. Have fun!
18" GT3 Design Wheels
LNE IMS
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
recycledsixtie

Garage
Congrats on your purchase. I bought my 2001 about a year ago as well. Looks like you made a good purchase and it looks like the seller looked after it.
Enjoy the smiles and miles
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Carnut

Very nice color combo, grats!

Old 04-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #5

Nice car, Eric. Silver and Box Red 2.5 is the definitive Boxster!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #6

Garage

The car looks great, Eric! That is a classic color combination. I am still smiling when I drive my 02, even after 4 years and about 47k miles.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #7

Congrats Eric. I am even more passionate about mine 3+ years into ownership than when I bought it. These things get into your soul. ( Musta been what Ferry and his
dad had in mind all along). They are like therapy.

Enjoy it !

01 986 Boxster S. Arctic Silver. 6 speed manual. IMSR/RMS.
jdiba is offline   Reply With Quote