Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
Window switch replacement?

DIY job, or bring it in to the dealer? The driver's side switch is intermittent on my '05. I dug up the part number, just don't know if I want to start pulling panels off..

pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
WV Boxster

Garage
Haven't done it but if your slightly handy it should be a diy. I changed the window regulator in mine and 2 months before that I gave up on a window regulator on daughters ford focus and put a screw in it to hold it up, then she traded it off a couple weeks ago.

These cars seem to be very easy to work on.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #3

Definitely DIY. Not as easy as on a 986 (b/c they are in rear center console) but not too bad either. Just make sure you disconnect battery (-) term before starting. Here's a thread on 6speedonline.com:

Guide for removal of 987 Boxster door interior door panel complete. - 6speedonline.com Forums

I would recommend using proper plastic panel removal tools instead of a screwdrivers. At the very least, cover your prying tool w/ electrical tape to prevent scratching if metal or has sharp edges...

Good luck
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to pesticidal
Thanks! .
pesticidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvboxst3r View Post
Haven't done it but if your slightly handy it should be a diy. I changed the http://www.drivewire.com/part/body-parts/window-regulator/ in mine and 2 months before that I gave up on a window regulator on daughters ford focus and put a screw in it to hold it up, then she traded it off a couple weeks ago.

These cars seem to be very easy to work on.
^ +1. If you are a bit handy about replacing thing by your own, it's better to do it yourself. Through a dealer, it may cost twice. But it's up to you.

Last edited by kotto; 07-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.
kotto is offline   Reply With Quote