986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   You think life is tough here to have a nice car??? Think again! (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/34118-you-think-life-tough-here-have-nice-car-think-again.html)

fivepointnine 03-02-2012 07:55 PM

I dont know, with how crappy the exchange rates are now, it is VERY expensive for a American to vacation in a European country!

gregwils 03-03-2012 04:50 AM

We are zeroing in on $15 trillion in debt and adding $1 t more every year. If we continue on our current direction, we will be joining them shortly.

golonaus 03-03-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivepointnine (Post 280355)
the question you need to be asking is what the average persons wage is in these countries....I would bet that it would all even out...........

sorry but hell no!
I'm from europe and I'm living in US last 10 years
let me tell you this
if you want to buy new boxster it will cost you as much as 6 years work straight back in Poland
in US what, year and few months on average???
yeah so life is very cheap here
(and easy if I compare it to my homeland)
It just the way people live is making them struggle,(credit cards)

god bless

pothole 03-03-2012 07:23 AM

Yes, petrol and running fancy cars is expensive in France. But then it's a civilised country with excellent public transport, outstanding hospitals and universal health care, good schools and, well, a cultured population.

If you're healthy or wealthy, the US is great. If you're sick and poor, not so much.

Bring on the wrath. ;)

AndyA6 03-03-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pothole (Post 280910)
Yes, petrol and running fancy cars is expensive in France. But then it's a civilised country with excellent public transport, outstanding hospitals and universal health care, good schools and, well, a cultured population.

If you're healthy or wealthy, the US is great. If you're sick and poor, not so much.

Bring on the wrath. ;)

Well said!

Also, let's just say here I do well with my income and benefits. If I would go to Germany, same job, same compareable income etc. my standard of living would be way less but my "social security" would be way better like mentioned above. Choices...........

DenverSteve 03-03-2012 10:34 AM

Anyone who thinks things are tough here - doesn't have a clue. Everything is more expensive and difficult elsewhere. We are truly blessed. If you are here AND you have a Porsche everything's fine for you.

Steve Tinker 03-03-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverSteve (Post 280945)
Everything is more expensive and difficult elsewhere. We are truly blessed. If you are here AND you have a Porsche everything's fine for you.

Not entirely true Steve - there are many, many countries around the world who have comparative "lifestyles" to the US..... and, I suggest, would not swap positions with you.

DenverSteve 03-03-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Tinker (Post 280970)
Not entirely true Steve - there are many, many countries around the world who have comparative "lifestyles" to the US..... and, I suggest, would not swap positions with you.

Yes there are. But. I spend half my time auditioning against Brits, Aussies, Kanuks and other's who obviously feel differently. ;)

jakobv84 03-04-2012 12:22 PM

I moved here from a couple of places in Europe and have much higher standard of living. It's not bad here :)