986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Car back from shop - Good as new (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/34040-car-back-shop-good-new.html)

97 Boxster 02-21-2012 07:48 PM

Car back from shop - Good as new

3 Attachment(s)
Well, a few weeks ago (the 7th of Feb to be exact). My Betty Boxster rolled out of my garage unmanned and across the street and into another car. Bummer on my end as I watched this all unfold. The E Brake was pulled but just not tight enough. Much to my dismay I had to have my near perfect Boxster repaired. Found a great shop in Houston, Texas area after "interviewing" shop owners and taking referrals from other P Car owners. What a great experience I had with Modena Autowerks in Houston. Highly recommended. See for yourself the results. It was great to do BIZ with them and I have to thank the FORUM here for help in giving me aid/comfort through this process.

Total damage was just over 2k. Bumper cover replaced, drivers quarter panel had a small crease and dimple that were repaired. Tail lights replaced (thanks to a generous forum member) and bumperettes were painted to match (the best deal in this whole thing).

Sorry for the NON ROTATED photo.

Needless to say she is resting comfortably in my garage tonight. I am finally going to sleep good. :)

97 Boxster 02-21-2012 08:08 PM

Special thanks to Boxster6354 for the help in the tail lamp replacement contribution. I appreciate it and hope to meet you sometime in the near future. This is what forums are all about. Pay it Forward I say!

thstone 02-21-2012 08:23 PM

Better than new! Congrat's. :cheers:

97 Boxster 02-21-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thstone (Post 279317)
Better than new! Congrat's. :cheers:

Thanks thstone.

Chief 02-22-2012 12:22 AM

Looks great!

BTW, do you have any recommendations for a dealer/Indy in or around Houston?

97 Boxster 02-22-2012 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 279337)
Looks great!

BTW, do you have any recommendations for a dealer/Indy in or around Houston?

Thanks Chief. As far as a dealer/indy in Houston I recommend Momentum Porsche. There are a few indys as well just let me know if you need more information.

AndyA6 02-22-2012 04:47 AM

I say it again, this forum rocks and I am very happy for you!

recycledsixtie 02-22-2012 06:12 AM

That is great work on your part to interview various shops to get the work done properly and also to get references from other Pelicaners about good places to go. Your Boxster looks great. Nice work. I like to think that the shop u took it to will get lots more business. Uh, from others that is:D
Cheers!:)

97 Boxster 02-22-2012 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recycledsixtie (Post 279366)
That is great work on your part to interview various shops to get the work done properly and also to get references from other Pelicaners about good places to go. Your Boxster looks great. Nice work. I like to think that the shop u took it to will get lots more business. Uh, from others that is:D
Cheers!:)

I hope they get more business via my recommendation Recycle. It was a great experience as well. They sent me photos of my baby every day there was progress so I can document the work done and show it to a potential buyer in the future. However, I love it more than before and I am so excited to have Betty back in the garage. :)

ddb 02-22-2012 08:48 AM

Glad to hear she's back home.

The painted bumperettes look fantastic!

Ghostrider 310 02-22-2012 09:28 AM

Looks killer, good for you, it seems the color matching fears were for nothing if the photos are any indicator. Have you ever thought about ditching the dealer plate ring and finding either plain black or CF if you like the look?

Johnny Danger 02-22-2012 09:44 AM

I can see the orange peel from here . Just kidding, it looks great .

boxster6354 02-22-2012 09:48 AM

Looks great!

Glad all went good for you, look forward to seeing it in person as the weather here is getting better for a nice top down drive.

Will have to plan up on a Houston P-Car Meet/Greet and drive soon.

:cheers:

97 Boxster 02-22-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 (Post 279389)
Looks killer, good for you, it seems the color matching fears were for nothing if the photos are any indicator. Have you ever thought about ditching the dealer plate ring and finding either plain black or CF if you like the look?

GR, its not a dealer plate frame, its a College License Plate frame. Has to be on all my cars. GO UTES!!

97 Boxster 02-22-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxster6354 (Post 279392)
Looks great!

Glad all went good for you, look forward to seeing it in person as the weather here is getting better for a nice top down drive.

Will have to plan up on a Houston P-Car Meet/Greet and drive soon.

:cheers:

Boxster6354, its looks great due to your help. Lets get a GTG planned while we have this great weather. Just name the time and I will try and be there. Thanks again.