986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Exhaust Video Clips and Pictures (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/33922-exhaust-video-clips-pictures.html)

ProjectM96 02-17-2012 08:55 AM

Exhaust Video Clips and Pictures

Hello everyone, I am looking at the cheap $300 M2 performance muffler with tips:
M2 Performance

I cannot find a video or a sound clip and I cannot find a picture with a Boxster that has it installed.

On the Cayman forums, people who bought them said that the tips stick out too much and they are not aligned properly. They also say it sounds almost stock and quiet at idle and on highway, but it gets loud when you push the throttle down.

They also said fiberglass is shot out of the exhaust when it is first used???

Anyways, anyone has experience with them on the 986. Sound clips or videos? Pictures with them installed?

mallai 02-18-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectM96 (Post 278562)
Hello everyone, I am looking at the cheap $300 M2 performance muffler with tips:
M2 Performance

I cannot find a video or a sound clip and I cannot find a picture with a Boxster that has it installed.

On the Cayman forums, people who bought them said that the tips stick out too much and they are not aligned properly. They also say it sounds almost stock and quiet at idle and on highway, but it gets loud when you push the throttle down.

They also said fiberglass is shot out of the exhaust when it is first used???

I think you answered your own question by how you can't find a video..Thanks for your post..It won't be going on my car.. :)

CVstarBoxster 02-18-2012 03:01 PM

i have it on my car. I don't believe it sticks out like that at all. I'd say it is slightly louder than my s stock. The biggest difference is the weight (it's probably about the 1/4 of the weight of the stock). Sorry I don't have any video.

Mrmaddbrad 02-18-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CVstarBoxster (Post 278791)
i have it on my car. I don't believe it sticks out like that at all. I'd say it is slightly louder than my s stock. The biggest difference is the weight (it's probably about the 1/4 of the weight of the stock). Sorry I don't have any video.

Pictures? Maybe take a quick video with your phone?

jacabean 02-18-2012 03:14 PM

i have it on my car car . it does sound good , can't beat it for the money . i just added the delete pipes they make it really come alive.

jrcui 02-19-2012 09:00 PM

Looks like the same one

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-parts-sale-wanted/33171-f-s-che-boxster-boxster-s-exhaust-%24275-shipped-48-states.html

I think they must get them from the same supplier...

Ghostrider 310 02-20-2012 01:27 AM

ProjectM, After reading your words regarding what you have already unearthed about said product would you still pursue it? I guess Jacabean fitted the pipes to his car without problem so maybe just install error.

madmods 02-20-2012 02:41 AM

It's adjustable. You won't need too much as it can't come that offset. So you are talking about 1mm to 2mm shims on the bracket you hook it up with. That bracket can also be twisted a bit when hot if you prefer this idea.

Aftermarket part rocks... just a tad of adjustment to make them perfect sometimes and imo that's understandable

best of luck

ProjectM96 02-21-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 (Post 278968)
ProjectM, After reading your words regarding what you have already unearthed about said product would you still pursue it? I guess Jacabean fitted the pipes to his car without problem so maybe just install error.

Yes because it is cheap and the Cayman owners who installed them said it was still worth it because of the price.

jacabean 02-21-2012 11:19 AM

here is a little clip , not that great my wife did the video . this is what it sounds like. IMG_2925.MOV - YouTube