986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxster S in Miami (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/33384-boxster-s-miami.html)

borz 01-22-2012 06:35 AM

Boxster S in Miami

Interested in buying this car, listed in Autotrader, Used 2001 Porsche Boxster S
$9,800, any one know this car, thanks, sorry can't figure out the "link" thing

fullthrottle52 01-22-2012 09:37 AM

Checked it out

I took a look at it. Looks pretty clean except for the one narly spot.

You would have to get a PIP done in Miami. You could give Pedro (you will find him on here or at pedrosgarage.com) a call and have him do a PIP for you. I see you live a long way from Miami so to purchase it sight unseen would be a big risk. Mileage is pretty high so if it has not had a clutch or IMS done I would set aside a few K for maintenance. Get the VIN number and check where the car has been. If only in Miami this is good and bad. Good is it has never seen snow, and ice. Bad is that it has seen hot sun with top down and up and has been exposed to sea salt air which can be tough on cars from that area. Price is about right for mileage.

Good luck

san rensho 01-22-2012 11:34 AM

Looks good. Has a new clutch. Price is good but I would try to beat him up on the price. Its a buyers market here in Miami, Porsches are a dime a dozen. If you can agree on a price, make it subject to inspection and have Pedro do the PPI. I would definitely pull the oil filter to see if there are any problems with the motor.

WhipE350 01-22-2012 11:43 AM

If taken care of 93k miles is nothing. That's a lot of car for the money. Get the PPI and enjoy. It must be a buyers market at that price.

ppbon 01-22-2012 12:12 PM

The car seems like a great purchase if everything checks out.
I can see that it has several desirable options:
HiFi Sound with CDR 220 door speakers and subwoofer and 6 CD carrier tray.
It also has Windscreens (behind the headrests) and Windblocker (between the roll bars).
These options are usually part of other packages that the car may also have.
I'd be more than happy to inspect it for you.
Please contact me directly at Pedro@PedrosGarage.com or 954-385-0330.
Happy Boxster Hunting,
Pedro

borz 01-22-2012 01:33 PM

This is great!, Thank you all, I pulled a carfax and have on offer pending inspection, I currently have a 2000 2.7, but I've been looking for an S in this color combo, mileage is a little high but seller has had it for 6 years and says well taken care of. I am trying to set up PPI with Luis at European Auto, he did the clutch, thanks Pedro, I'll get in touch. Now how do I beat the Sales Tax?

Reggie&Sue 01-25-2012 04:11 PM

Borz - I don't know of any way to "beat" the sales tax. Here in the USA, the Buyer does not pay the tax to the Seller on used car transactions. However, the Buyer pays the sales tax when you register the vehicle at your Dept. of Motor Vehicle.

lahalte 01-26-2012 08:34 AM

You can get a temporary permit good for 30 days so that you can drive it out of state.You will not pay the sales tax of Florida.When you register in your home state you will pay your state taxes.