986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Windows won't roll up. (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/32727-windows-wont-roll-up.html)

supersparker 12-27-2011 07:16 PM

Windows won't roll up.

New boxster owner here - just noticed that the windows won't roll up.

The windows work when opening the door handle or opening the top, but not by the console switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve:confused::mad:

rlddlr53 12-27-2011 07:46 PM

check your fuses?

supersparker 12-28-2011 02:17 AM

The fuses are good - windows work when opening the door handle or opening the top, but not by the console switch, I was thinking it might be a relay or something?

Anyone else?

Mark_T 12-28-2011 06:53 AM

Did you check the switch for continuity?

supersparker 12-28-2011 07:10 AM

Not a switch issue - both switches are doing it.................I guess it's a trip to the dealer.

healthservices 12-28-2011 08:55 AM

Convertible top micro switch not sensing the top is in the up position or the latch is not engaging the switch?

supersparker 12-28-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthservices (Post 271082)
Convertible top micro switch not sensing the top is in the up position or the latch is not engaging the switch?

The fuses are good - windows work when opening the door handle or opening the top, but not by the console switch, I was thinking it might be a relay or something?

healthservices 12-28-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supersparker (Post 271083)

Are you saying the windows will fully retract and extend when the top is open and when the doors are open?

supersparker 12-28-2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthservices (Post 271093)
Are you saying the windows will fully retract and extend when the top is open and when the doors are open?

When you unhook the top fastening mechanism (under the rear view mirror) the windows roll down about 1/4 way - This is normal

Also when you grab the door handle, windows drop down about 1/2" - This is normal..........

healthservices 12-28-2011 10:29 AM

Now when you have the top completely down. Do the windows work?

What I am trying to say is the circuit goes thru a latch switch that tells the window when it can and cannot roll up or down depending on top position.

understand where I am coming from?

Just trying to eliminate one of the potential issues where the problem may be.

supersparker 12-28-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by healthservices (Post 271096)
Now when you have the top completely down. Do the windows work?

What I am trying to say is the circuit goes thru a latch switch that tells the window when it can and cannot roll up or down depending on top position.

understand where I am coming from?

Just trying to eliminate one of the potential issues where the problem may be.

Top down - Still does not work.........Maybe relay or something..