Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #1

What seats did my car come with?

I need to put in stock seats in my 2000 S. Not sure what motorized features the seats came with. For sure there are no heat switches so that is ruled out. How do I find out which ones were originally in the car so I can get the same ones? Will wiring harness provide a clue?

Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #2

Take a look at the sticker under the front hood, it will tell you what options were installed at the factory. The Bentley manual has a list of most of the codes on page 2-33 .
If you don't have any option codes listed for the interior, then you most likely had the stock interior installed originally. I have the stock interior in my 2000S and I don't see any option codes on the sticker for the interior.
Attached Images

3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #3

Thanks for the response. I called the dealer and they couldn't get any info using the VIN. Called Porsche and they wouldn't give a simple info as I was not listed as owner on the VIN in their database. Argued with the lady that all I was looking was for the seat details and finally she couldn't pull it out either.

Then I remembered that I had the original window sticker. That had it - "Front seats with power back rest".
Bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala View Post
Thanks for the response. I called the dealer and they couldn't get any info using the VIN. Called Porsche and they wouldn't give a simple info as I was not listed as owner on the VIN in their database. Argued with the lady that all I was looking was for the seat details and finally she couldn't pull it out either.

Then I remembered that I had the original window sticker. That had it - "Front seats with power back rest".
You have the factory "standard" seats. Usually available here in the classifieds and/or on Ebay and Craigslist.

Additionally, mods. can you possibly eradicate the above trolls who have been sending out those ridiculous posts? Please.

MileHighBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote