Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #1

PPI in Ocean County NJ

Can anyone recommend someone to inspect a Boxster in Neptune (Ocean cty) NJ? I've owned 914s and 911s, went to Keith and Mike up in Rockaway for service (closer to my home) but I am looking at a low mileage 03s in Neptune, the seller wants someone to visit them, which I think is reasonable, I need someone closer to them to do the PPI. Car looks nice, it is not perfect, needs a spare key, needs new wheel crests, but it drove really nicely, has good features, clean interior, good color and price.

thanks,

Mark

msk914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #2

The closest indy to provide a PPI near Neptune, NJ would be Bodymotion in Ocean, NJ. I highly recommend them. they can be reached at: Bodymotion Inc. - Bodymotion Porsche and Performance Experts.
brinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #3

Thanks!

Mark
Old 12-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #4

Take the car to Rockaway.

Why would you go to someone you've never dealt with to get a PPI when you're already have history with the folks in Rockaway? That doesn't make sense to me.

Strike a deal with the seller. If the car checks out, it's a one-way trip (it's not going back to Ocean County).
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #5

Owner asked me to have the inspection done at his place instead of 100+ miles away. On thinking about that, and some other issues (no service records at all), some weird comments by the car seller (dealer), and some indications that the car had less than stellar care recently, I am having second thoughts...

thanks for the comments.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #6

Go with your gut. There are a lot of cars out there -- nobody in their right mind wants a convertible in the cold NJ winter (except us of course).

Ultimately -- I wouldn't buy any car that MY guy doesn't look at.