Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

2013 Boxster price help!

Let me start out by saying hi to all. Have owned Vettes for more than 40 years. Still have few in the stable. Looking to order a 2013 Boxster when dealers start accepting. I know Vette dealers have a lot of room to work when I order. Curious how much Porsche dealers will move off MSRP? Know the 2013 Boxster MSRP will start at $49,500. Live in the west central Florida area.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Boxsterhunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #2

If you get much if anything off of MSRP, I'll be surprised. Porsche isn't known for discounting and especially not on a brand new body style.
Th535is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #3
WV Boxster

Garage
I would be surprised for any discount. The vette is different in so many made and sold by Chevy under the dealers that use volume to keep lots of stock on lot. Porches are ordered more often then bought of lot. Porches is not as worried about volume-(not as worried). I know they are but they will not sell any where as many as Chevy will sell of the vette.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
recycledsixtie

Garage
Up in Canada here Boxsters start at around $60k plus goods and service tax and our Can. $ is virtually on par with your $. So around $50k seems a relative bargain for a new Boxster from our perspective. Good luck with your search. I am dead envious.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #5

you will definetely have to order a stripped one to get it less than 50k, my bet would be any on a lot will be pretty optioned out and pushing 75k
fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #6

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I should plan on paying sticker then, correct. They will not move off that?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
Ex Esso kid

I think this depends on how soon you want it and the out of the gate demand. Since you are thinking new, I'd shop nationally and let them compete to deliver it to you. There is definitely a huge difference in how much some dealers will deal. The car I bought, I offered the same sum to a Virginia dealer for a equivalent car and he wouldn't budge. My car gets here tomorrow at the price point I negotiated. If you are looking for a base boxster I think you have a good shot at getting a nominal discount, maybe half the tax.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
I think this depends on how soon you want it and the out of the gate demand. Since you are thinking new, I'd shop nationally and let them compete to deliver it to you. There is definitely a huge difference in how much some dealers will deal. The car I bought, I offered the same sum to a Virginia dealer for a equivalent car and he wouldn't budge. My car gets here tomorrow at the price point I negotiated. If you are looking for a base boxster I think you have a good shot at getting a nominal discount, maybe half the tax.
How many dealers across the country did you contact before you made the deal?

Just saw your Spyder...