Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #1

Rear trunk lid won't open with fob (works with handle)

Gents,
Out of nowhere today, I go to open my rear trunk with the key and.. nothing. WTF! The interior handle opens it just fine, but when pressing the key, I hear the electrical "noise", but the trunk won't pop open.

At first I thought I had something caught in the latch like a shirt or something, but nope. What should I be checking for? Is this a simple fix?

MY: 2000 base

Thanks!

stateofidleness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #2

Mine had a broken wire just were it connecte to the latch. The little actuator was working pulling the wire but it was not connect to the latch anymore. I could not just repair the wire, not enought lenght. So I end up replacing the hole system, actuator with wire and the hook at the end that attach to the latch.
Cost 35$ on ebay for a used one, but was a pain in you know where to replace it. It sit behind the wing :-/

Later

wawa

wawa is offline   Reply With Quote