986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   We are all Brits today (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/3123-we-all-brits-today.html)

Rail26 07-07-2005 06:54 PM

We are all Brits today

I saw a man holding a sign outside the British embassy that said "We are all Brits today". It is great to see the world rally behind those that have witnessed first hand the indiscriminate attacks on innocent civilians. Keep the faith and please continue to support those that are taking the fight to the terrorists.

Adam 07-07-2005 10:35 PM

Good to see that the brits and yanks are on the same side again :)

PAH 07-08-2005 03:39 AM

Thanks

It is frightening. Is there any way to prevent this happening - what can you do to stop these sickening terrorists?

We all say that you can't bow to terrorism, but it does not stop us being frightened of going to the big cities or the big events. It is the British Grand Prix this weekend, and some people are scared of going now.

The problem is you never know where they will target next!

Still, I'm proud to be British!!

limoncello 07-08-2005 04:29 AM

I lived in London for my last 2 years ('98-'99) of active duty, rode the tube to work each morning. One memory comes to mind - we were holding our usual American 4th of July celebration with fireworks and hot dogs, etc. There were a large number of Brits who chose to attend, and joined us in celebration. Recall for a moment the origins of the 4th of July. Yet there we all were, with the Brits at our side quietly respecting the playing of our national anthem, and celebrating our nation's birthday with us. They were at the same moment by our side in Bosnia, as they had been in Kosovo before that.
I think it is an indication of civilized societies, to be able to turn loose of history, and build new relationships based on shared visions and values: finding common ground for agreement instead of dwelling on past differences. If some other nations or tribes around the world could grasp this concept, and set aside their blood soaked histories and desires for vengence, what a different world we might live in.
My deepest prayers and sympathies for all those involved in yesterday's tragedy.

Brucelee 07-08-2005 06:32 AM

I believe all good people stand with the British today!

My condolences and support!

slogans7 07-08-2005 07:33 AM

Terrorists should realize a people who withstood night after night of Nazi missle strikes and bombing raids will never bow to this sort of stupidity.

Brucelee 07-08-2005 08:29 AM

Sadly, I don't think the terrorists who did this are up on their History textbooks.

Rail26 07-08-2005 02:01 PM

Eloquently said limoncello.