986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   What's in your door pockets? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/31210-whats-your-door-pockets.html)

2003S 11-22-2011 05:21 PM

What's in your door pockets?

The Pre-03 knee abuser/owners manual cubby thread got me thinking... We all have door pockets, right? What's in yours?

Mine:
Driver's side = Tom Tom & cable; tire pressure gauge; several parking meter stickers from Chicago's meter system.
Passenger side = 1 US Open tennis cap; 1 Yoshi cap (wife and 6 year old son's respectively)

Bonus points for the most unusual contents...

MileHighBoxster 11-22-2011 05:25 PM

Nothing. I don't put anything in my Porsches but a towel in the fronk, along with a small bag with air gauge, rags and a couple of things for emergencies and my GPS unit in the storage bin behind the seats. Nothing else, nada. Nothing in the door panels.

tonycarreon 11-22-2011 05:34 PM

good topic!

driver's side
- a couple of old gasoline receipts
- contact lenses
- extra suction cups for radar detector
- extra crush ring for oil plug
- extra set of house keys
- spare volvo key ( been looking for that thing for a month!:o )

when i'm actually driving
- wallet

fivepointnine 11-22-2011 05:45 PM

I try and not keep anything in any of the pockets/cubbies.......I have a ink pen in the center console lol

ChairmanRon 11-22-2011 08:49 PM

Driver's side: Durametric cable.

Passenger side: Nothing.

Center console: Nothing.

Does the cable get me a prize for unusual item? Come on, how many other people keep their cable there? ;)

barkinfool 11-22-2011 11:17 PM

Spare set of reading glasses (can't read anything without a pair now, so just in case I leave without them, not stranded)
Sunglasses
Various high quality disposable napkins I grab when I see 'em (in case I spill something)
Roadmap
Wallet when driving

In the center back console, just the owner's manual book

Behind driver's seat
- Always on the hook, windshirt
- one microfiber in the driver's side seat pocket for pushing down the frunk or to wipe off fingerprints from the paint

That's it, nothing that will earn me any prizes...

Ghostrider 310 11-23-2011 12:36 AM

Hair brush- (lightweight of course) in case women are where you arrive after going 60+ topless, behind seat optional

Cigar cutter + 2 cigars for outdoor cafe I used to ride to

lighter

microfiber towel for unknowns ( I picked passenger's seat pocket, easier to grab on the fly from driver's seat)

NYS Thruway fob, given to my godfather for 30+ years of service, almost thrown away when he died, I yo-ed it

chrome esso tire gauge I've had since age 9

2003S 11-23-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChairmanRon (Post 265368)
Does the cable get me a prize for unusual item? Come on, how many other people keep their cable there? ;)

Not until JD weighs in :D

landrovered 11-23-2011 04:24 AM

OBDII Code reader and a towel in the drivers side, a pair of gloves, spare fuses, tire gauge and a pair of sunglasses in the center and nothing in the passenger side. Car docs are in pocket behind passenger seat. First aid kit and tool kit in frunk and nothing in the rear.

jmatta 11-23-2011 04:31 AM

Klein Tools bottle opener...Heineken's aren't twist off...

milliemax 11-23-2011 04:53 AM

Road maps, AAA CARD for tow truck !!!

Overdrive 11-23-2011 05:01 AM

Got some Lloyd floormats, so in my door pockets I put those stupid plastic covers that never fit right (ever) that were sitting on the ends of the seat rails. Apparently those are not supposed to remain in place anyways, so I was happy to toss them aside for my new mats.

Prior to that the mail would temporarily be in there when going to/from the post office.

...there might be an old gas receipt in the driver's side, but I started to collect them in one of the center console cubby holes before bringing them in...easier to get to than the door pocket.

I might get those seat rail cover things out of there and store them away though, because they just fit in the door pockets, leaving little room for anything else, and I've seen a few very handy things from people's lists that I may want to put in those pockets.

My bottle opener's the only thing on my keychain, jmatta. ;)

Nice topic choice, 2003S.

Stroked & Blown 11-23-2011 05:38 AM

Drivers side:
  • Sunglasses (in hard case)
  • Stack of napkins
  • Plackers (commute days)
Center console:
  • Air pressure gauge
  • The red clip
  • Pen
  • Wheel lock (go ahead - steal them)
  • Valve stem caps that I keep forgetting to put on after AX
Pocket behind drivers seat:
  • Microfiber towels
  • Z-6 (for bird poop)
Passenger, upper center storage, and both cubbies are usually empty.

schnellman 11-23-2011 08:29 AM

Driver's Side: Sunglasses in hard case.

Passenger Side: Wife's sunglasses.

Center Console: Registration, proof of insurance, maglite, tire pressure gauge, antacids.

tuanle16 11-23-2011 08:35 AM

driver side..cables for bluetooth speakerphone and one for the gps. iphone car charger. sunglasses. swiss army knife.

center console... pens, work id's, emergency kit (bandaid, antibx ointment, suture kit, tylenol)

passenger side... gloves, paper napkins, (i did have some condoms there, but they are dried out, so threw them out), spare sunglasses for any passenger.

ekam 11-23-2011 08:40 AM

Driver side: 1911
Passenger side: retractable baseball bat
Center console: C4

thstone 11-23-2011 08:53 AM

^ Toronto is a tougher city than I had imagined.

As for me, nothing in the door pockets or center console. I go to the track so often that its not worth the time to take things in/out every few weeks.

kpollari 11-23-2011 11:37 AM

Drivers side:
  • Sunglasses in hardcase
  • Tabasco
  • Lily Allen CD-R I made
  • 32mm socket
  • 19mm socket
  • Bent screwdriver for extracting wheel crests
  • Contacts
  • Pen from wedding guest book (from 11 years ago, been divorced 8 years), doubt that it works
  • Seating card for wedding guest that we didn't invite to wedding

Passenger side:
  • Pen that works
  • Small towels
  • Heavy gauge wire
  • Cable for V1 (sold the V1 a year ago)
  • 2 walkie talkies
  • Tom Tom GPS mount (never used the mount)

Center console:
  • More contacts
  • Multi-tool
  • Tom Tom GPS (rarely use anymore)
  • Radio extraction tool

I guess I need to clean up a little bit.

Kermit in Cleveland
2000 S 124k Miles

Overdrive 11-23-2011 11:48 AM

...Tabasco? There a story behind this since it seems to be coupled with the old wedding items?

Aimee4588 11-23-2011 12:18 PM

door storage

Driver Side:
- My Sunglasses
- Icebreakers Mints
- Old Gas station receipts
- Insurance card

Passenger Side:
- His Sunglasses