Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 01:53 PM   #1

Hibernation mode...

OK, time for the big snooze here in MI.
Was wondering if anyone does / has any ideas for projects over the winter?
Maybe work on some stone chips / scratches?

urban_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #2

Garage
At some point I'm going to start up the Danger Winter Workout Series again if that inspires you .
Old 11-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #3

Garage
What the heck is that Johnny?
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
Autobahn Glanz

Garage
You had to ask...didn't you.
WhipE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #5
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Mrmadbrad...this is one time where you've shown your age by way of ignorance (and I mean that as innocence, nothing offensive)...you have to watch which questions you ask Johnny. His responses are typically bizarre, hilarious, possibly (more like typically) crass, and may or may not involve visual aids to get his point across. This can be both good and bad, but usually good if you need a laugh or three.

To answer your original question, my car cover just came in last week, so I'll be making an appointment to have the car detailed before it gets covered and put away for the winter. I've got a few things I've managed to break since this summer...one I can blame on age (bottom tab on wind deflector), and the other on me being an idiot (broke something(s) in the top driving system by putting my lunch bag on top of the roof and forgetting about it while dropping the top (FAIL)).

Depending on how much of an undertaking it is, I'd like to replace that wind deflector tab myself over the winter and get the part back in the car. If there's a few nice days on a weekend I may go dive under the clamshell and figure out all of what I broke.

Most of my little "projects" right now are to be fixing things that are broken or that have been broken from the start while I wait for the spring to come back around.

I've also got some GT3 brake ducts that I bought from a member on this forum, so I'll have to get under there some time and snap those on.

No go-fast goodies til the car is running right, though, and I want to pretty much dump everything in there in one shot and get a tune done.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
What the heck is that Johnny?
Since you asked !
The Danger Winter Workouts consist of a series of scientifically proven exercises that are designed to unleash the driving libido within all of us ! Following the success of last year's series, I received numerous messages from members extolling it's virtues . As a result of the Workout's extreme body conditioning benefits, I read epic, untold stories describing enhanced energy levels, mind focus, and even better sphincter control. One member in particular went so far as to say, that above and beyond improving his driving technique, it gave him the courage and inspiration to cancel his Facebook account .
Old 11-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
This has got to be the best hi-jacking of a thread ever...can we start a comment of the day on here or something?
:dance:

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote