Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
2 fast 4 U

HID light conversions.

I know this topic has been talked about to death. I would like to know peoples experiences with these conversion kits. I have a 2000 Boxster S and would like to convert to HID and would like to know which kits are better than others.

I heard some cause electrical problems and do not work for very long. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #2

If it helps, when doing a PPI on a car, we grade all aftermarket HID kits as a “deduct item” (lower the price to reflect it) as several states will not allow cars with them to pass state inspection, it is also “ticket bait” due to excessive glare without the correct focusing lenses, and replacement parts are typically non existent down the road when service is required. We have removed several of these kits for customers for these reasons, as well as on-going electrical gremlins that were traced back to the lights.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #3

I installed an HID kit on my 03 986 shortly after purchasing it and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. Dramatically improved visibility on the road at night, which to me is important since I have to wind through sparsely populated hills where visibility at night is important.

Concerning the impact on the value of the car, when trading it in or selling it, it is very easy to revert back to the original halogen lights.

ChairmanRon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hid