986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   value as a roller? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/31003-value-roller.html)

Ghostrider 310 11-09-2011 02:52 AM

value as a roller?

Later today, I will photograph my car from multiple angles to list some place. After the collapse of my legs post exhaust removal, I have decided to scrap the 1998, I'm too afraid to wrench again. I would prefer to sell it whole. If someone has the strength and skill, I'm confident it could be repaired, it runs, it just should not be run. At this minute, I'm not 100% sure of this decision but I will be later today. Anybody guess the value? It has a lot of new parts with almost no mileage logged on them, the body is as new, clean car fax, good top, new rear window...

Jake Raby 11-09-2011 04:58 AM

We buy cars in the state that you may wish to sell this one. If you'd like us to make you an offer on the car please email us at info@flat6innovations.com to start that process.

thstone 11-09-2011 08:16 AM

Generally, an early Boxster in decent shape without an engine is worth about $3,000.

Its hard to get much more than that because without an engine you can't prove that you're not hiding other problems with the car (transmission, suspension, etc..). Thus, many buyers will assume that there might be something further wrong with the car than just the missing engine and the price suffers accordingly.

Of course, this is a generality and you might find the right person who will pay more.

Ghostrider 310 11-09-2011 08:31 AM

You're right I can't prove those things but the truth is the car is not only repairable, the rest of it is cherry. What will be will be, I know this, there should be a difference in say litronics Vs regular lights...

DFW02S 11-09-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 (Post 263507)
.... After the collapse of my legs post exhaust removal, I have decided to scrap the 1998, I'm too afraid to wrench again........

Collapse of your legs?
What does that mean?

Ghostrider 310 11-09-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFW02S (Post 263543)
Collapse of your legs?
What does that mean?

I have spinal stenosis and residual problems from a accident where a car made a left in front of me on a yamaha in 1983. Recently, my legs have give out, vibrated, got numb and always hurt, don't want to sit in a wheelchair to prove to myself I could fix a car I can't drive anymore.

DFW02S 11-09-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 (Post 263557)
I have spinal stenosis and residual problems from a accident where a car made a left in front of me on a yamaha in 1983. Recently, my legs have give out, vibrated, got numb and always hurt, don't want to sit in a wheelchair to prove to myself I could fix a car I can't drive anymore.

Wise choice, especially when you say, "to fix a car I can't drive".
Could it be as simple as winter and arthritis?
Either way, stay off the cold garage floor.

Ghostrider 310 11-09-2011 09:57 AM

I wish it was that simple, I worked in medical imaging my entire life, I'm keenly aware of the potential pitfalls of dropfoot, one really awful one is loss of bowel control but so far, hey all good! It's truly a miracle I didn't die, most guys in that scenario accident do. I broke my back in four spots and now I must go on with the price of living which I'm truly grateful for. I would have liked to prove to myself I could fix a Porsche too but that just isn't in the cards. You might see my old ride around here yet, time will tell.