986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Spoiler Fuse (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/30971-spoiler-fuse.html)

MileHighBoxster 11-06-2011 09:24 AM

Spoiler Fuse

Before I go digging around to disconnect - does the fuse for the '02 Boxster S spoiler enable anything else? I want to disable the auto-spoiler but, obviously, don't want to disable anything else.

recycledsixtie 11-06-2011 09:53 AM

Disable what?

I bougt my 2001 Boxster base in may of this year and the spoiler was disabled before I bought it. I have not got the Porsche dealer receipt in front of me but know that the dealership disabled it . I know that nothing else is disabled(I have no psm). Obviously the previous owner had found it too expensive to fix it so disabling was the cheaper way to go. When I go to the garage next, I will chk what the receipt says. I have had no problems with handling - I dont race it.
Trust this helps some.
Guy.

MileHighBoxster 11-06-2011 09:55 AM

It does thanks. I have an Aero II spoiler so I don't want the stock one coming up underneath it causing airflow problems.

DenverSteve 11-14-2011 02:14 PM

The fuse for the spoiler (D/7 I believe) is also the fuse for your rear trunk. If you disable it or remove it, you will have no access to your trunk.

MileHighBoxster 11-14-2011 02:16 PM

I did the manly thing and pulled the door off of the fuse box. I indeed see what you say is correct. I will have to disable (if I choose to do so) the spoiler another way. Thanks.

Overdrive 11-14-2011 02:18 PM

Sorry I don't have the direct answer to your question, but I have a question of my own for you. It's not meant to insult your intelligence, but I'm curious whether or not you've already pulled your fuse panel lid and if there is the fuse panel map in there like I found in mine a few weeks back? That map, if yours is still there, tells you what each fuse controls.

milliemax 11-14-2011 02:33 PM

The rocker switch by your left foot must be involved with the auto mode. I would think the hot wire is jumped from the switch to the auto speed mode switch ? Just a thought... If you have voltage coming into the "foot switch" and "jumping " off to somewhere else I would try to pull the connector off from feeding the "speed mode switch" Please......Just a thought ? Good luck and let us know what you find. Max

MileHighBoxster 11-14-2011 02:33 PM

I did finally do that (see my previous post). In years of Porsche ownership, I had not had a need to previously do so. Someone told me the other day that there should be a "map" in the panel door - and THERE WAS. Who knew (apparently you and others did). Thanks. :cheers:

MileHighBoxster 11-14-2011 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milliemax (Post 264295)
The rocker switch by your left foot must be involved with the auto mode. I would think the hot wire is jumped from the switch to the auto speed mode switch ? Just a thought... If you have voltage coming into the "foot switch" and "jumping " off to somewhere else I would try to pull the connector off from feeding the "speed mode switch" Please......Just a thought ? Good luck and let us know what you find. Max

Good thought. I may just wait until my next scheduled service/oil change and see what the dealership suggests. I hate to disconnect the switch and find out later that it actually runs the driver's airbag..........:rolleyes: Probably not, but who knows what lurks down thar?

Overdrive 11-14-2011 02:43 PM

I only found out by doing, too, MileHigh. I guess you were typing your response at the same time that I was typing mine, so I didn't realize you'd replied already. Glad you found out what you needed, and that your map was intact with your vehicle.

recycledsixtie 11-14-2011 05:50 PM

sorry milehigh...

Finally got around to getting the receipt re. the rear spoiler. The P dealer receipt says, "disconnect spoiler drive and warning lamp.Disconnected power supply wires to spoiler motor to ensure it cant be moved electronically". So I gather the c/b was not disconnected?! There is no mention of disconnecting the c/b.Also the spoiler warning red lite does come on when driving above (80 mph).Hope this helps.:)
Guy

Appleguy 11-22-2011 01:39 PM

With the factory Aero II Kit, it comes with a plug with a jumper wire in it that is plugged into the wiring harness at the spoiler connection.

Wiring harness at the spoiler
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...x/IMG_0125.jpg

Jumper plug provided with the kit
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...x/IMG_0124.jpg

DenverSteve 11-22-2011 02:29 PM

That's a great photo and super information. But.....where is the plug/wiring? Behind the carpet? Inside the trunk? Left side or right? Thanks for the great info.

Appleguy 11-22-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverSteve (Post 265317)
That's a great photo and super information. But.....where is the plug/wiring? Behind the carpet? Inside the trunk? Left side or right? Thanks for the great info.

Oops sorry about that. The plug/harness is in the rear trunk underneath the liner. You'll need to remove the trunk liner and the styrofoam insulation. The wire harness is on the drivers side right beside the spoiler actuator.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Mark