Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 04:45 PM   #1

Looking for Silver Vision or equivelant amber-free turn signal bulbs

In advance of performing an "amberectomy" on my 03 986 front turn signals, I've been looking for Silver Vision bulbs or their equivalent online and have been unsuccessful. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ron

ChairmanRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #2

Porsche Boxster Lights and Lenses - Page 1
Highlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #3

I am about to do this as well...while the car is in storage. Have any good methods planned? Is it easy to withdraw and install the head lights? I will be doing it in the cold.....sub zero C

I going about looking for a thin soldering iron right now.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
I am about to do this as well...while the car is in storage. Have any good methods planned? Is it easy to withdraw and install the head lights? I will be doing it in the cold.....sub zero C

I going about looking for a thin soldering iron right now.
The headlight units are extremely easy to remove. Just follow the instructions in the manual. However, one IMPORTANT word of caution. BE CAREFUL to NOT pick up/withdraw the unit by the little corner front piece. It will snap right off, especially in the cold. Trust me on this one!
ChairmanRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Garage
When I did the amberectomy, I bought the silver bulbs from stealthauto.com . They were a little more expensive but offered a great product and excellent service with lifetime replacement.
I originally bought from xenonmods but had a terrible experience including very delayed shipping and no email response until I initiated a sucessful PayPal dispute, and then I got several nasty emails trying to blame me! IMHO - STAY AWAY!!

MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote