Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #1

boxster 2003: switched 12 Volt to radio

Hi, this morning I started to replace the stereo headunit & speakers in my 2003 Boxster (986). first the dash speakers with new wiring (went OK). the door speakers i will do another weekend

I also wanted to replace the head unit . I read a lot of info from the Internet but couldn't find a sollution for this problem. I have a constant 12V + and 12V - which is actually enough. but I want a switched 12v + (starting key out = radio off) because otherwise this could drain the battery. the memory of the radio remains on a constant 12V + but consumes almost nothing.

Who has any idea how to creat a switched 12V + to the radio ?. according to a manual it should be the orange wire (fuse E1) but was this one is not present in my car. on fuse E1 are other things.

In the overview of the fuse box I do not see a fuse where I can get a switched 12 V + .

any advise ?

redriver is offline   Reply With Quote