986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Howdy (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/30142-howdy.html)

2003S 08-25-2011 05:05 AM

Howdy

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone on the forum. I bought a 2003-S about a week ago; (Midnight Blue) - very stock -- and have been lurking for a while. Looking forward to doing some autocross, and enjoying what's left of the Chicago summer with the top down.

The forum has been very informative, as I've been looking for my car for a couple of months; has already helped me avoid a car with a RMS leak, and a couple of other problems, so much thanks.

First up, some winter wheels...

Cheers,
Steve

jmatta 08-25-2011 05:11 AM

Welcome...drive up to Elkhart Lake Labor Day weekend and enjoy one of the finest Porsche Club Race events in the nation at Road America.

Details can be found at www.PCA-Chicago.org

Enjoy!

jcb986 08-25-2011 05:37 AM

Welcome to the 986 Forum and to the experience of owning and driving the best road sports car ever built...The Boxster. :cheers:

Jager 08-25-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003S
Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone on the forum. I bought a 2003-S about a week ago; (Midnight Blue) - very stock -- and have been lurking for a while. Looking forward to doing some autocross, and enjoying what's left of the Chicago summer with the top down.

The forum has been very informative, as I've been looking for my car for a couple of months; has already helped me avoid a car with a RMS leak, and a couple of other problems, so much thanks.

First up, some winter wheels...

Cheers,
Steve

So you plan on driving it in the snow?

Spinnaker 08-25-2011 05:48 PM

WooHoo, Midnight Blue is perfect!

2003S 08-26-2011 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jager
So you plan on driving it in the snow?

I am. Am I nuts? I've had plenty of RWD cars over the years in Chicago winters, and have never had problems with the right rubber on the road. Given, the clearance is a bit lower than most, so I have to be careful there - no driving until the big stuff is cleared... I do have PSM, so was thinking I'd be in OK shape...

Mark_T 08-26-2011 04:55 AM

My concern is the salt they put down on the roads. That's the only thing stopping me from driving while there's snow and ice around. The car itself, given the right rubber, would undoubtedly perform very well.

RandallNeighbour 08-26-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

I bought a 2003-S about a week ago; (Midnight Blue)

Now that, my new feathered friend, is a most-excellent choice. The color's perfect and you have that glass window and a 3.2 with more HP than the base model.

We now need pix of the exterior and interior.

From what I hear, the car handles well in the snow except for the fact it's so low to the ground. The salt issue would be a concern for me considering I keep my cars so long.

AndyA6 08-26-2011 02:26 PM

Welcome :cheers:

With winter tires I see no problem to get through the winter. Heated seats?

Regular car washes will go a long way to prevent rust, I am certain you know this already :)

Finally, get out there and go race, this is so much fun!!!!

Later,
Andy

2003S 08-26-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyA6
Welcome :cheers:

With winter tires I see no problem to get through the winter. Heated seats?

Andy

Heated seats - affirmative. Pictures coming soon, if I stop diving it enough to admire it for a while!

2003S 08-27-2011 10:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour

We now need pix of the exterior and interior.

So, I've owned it 1 week, and just washed, polished, and waxed it properly (wife complained that we've had the BMW for 7 years, and I've never show it that kind of love... sad, but true)

Here's some pics my new, shiny baby -- I may get out of the alley to someplace more photogenic in the near future, but currently having some work-life balance issues!

fedekz986 08-27-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

So, I've owned it 1 week, and just washed, polished, and waxed it properly (wife complained that we've had the BMW for 7 years, and I've never show it that kind of love... sad, but true)

Here's some pics my new, shiny baby -- I may get out of the alley to someplace more photogenic in the near future, but currently having some work-life balance issues!

That looks great! Amazing shine :cheers:

DFW02S 08-27-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

..... and enjoying what's left of the Chicago summer with the top down......

Top down in the summer???
That's not how we do it in Dallas!
I don't think my top has been down since early June.
Of course February to June and September through November may be different than in Chicago.

Hope you love your Boxster! :)