986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Private Track Day - Near ATL, Birmingham (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/30103-private-track-day-near-atl-birmingham.html)

insite 08-21-2011 06:15 AM

Private Track Day - Near ATL, Birmingham

i have talladega grand prix raceway rented for Tuesday, September 6th (www.tgprace.com). I have a few slots left at $105/pp. You will get a LOT of driving. This track is a great newbie course; no walls!

we do five cars on track at a time; passing is with point-by on the straights. great opportunity to extend your labor day weekend with some high speed fun. PM me for details.

san rensho 08-21-2011 07:07 AM

What are the tech requirements for the cars? Can I just track what I brought without major mods?

insite 08-21-2011 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by san rensho
What are the tech requirements for the cars? Can I just track what I brought without major mods?

absolutely; that's what most people do. requirements are basically:

1. must be safe
2. must not leak

other than that, pretty open. we'll set the run groups so similar cars run together. if you need a little DE, we usually have several rated instructors at the events. we will run three groups of five cars from 8AM CST - 5PM CST with a one hour lunch break. sessions are 20min long. you will get several hours of driving.

LOTS of fun. if you haven't done this before, this is the perfect course to start because it's pretty flat, visibility is good & we have only a few cars in attendence.

DFW02S 08-21-2011 07:56 AM

What a great deal!
Wish I lived nearby.
Have fun.

BYprodriver 08-22-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insite
i have talladega grand prix raceway rented for Tuesday, September 6th (www.tgprace.com). I have a few slots left at $105/pp. You will get a LOT of driving. This track is a great newbie course; no walls!

we do five cars on track at a time; passing is with point-by on the straights. great opportunity to extend your labor day weekend with some high speed fun. PM me for details.

Wish I could be there, that is/was a great little track, I used to race my TransAm there 20 years ago. :o

landrovered 08-22-2011 02:57 PM

That sounds really reasonable and fun, I may have to get a hall pass from SWIMBO.

insite 08-23-2011 11:58 AM

five slots left......

insite 08-26-2011 10:28 AM

no takers? we have extra helmets.......

promark420 08-26-2011 11:44 AM

Too bad it's on a Tuesday :(

Or is that, "too bad I work at a bank?"

insite 08-31-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by promark420
Too bad it's on a Tuesday :(

Or is that, "too bad I work at a bank?"