Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 AM   #1

Rear spoiler light on & central locking issue

Hi Guys,

I'm doing some maintenance to my 2000 2.7 Boxster this week (oil, filters, spark plugs etc.) so I thought I would try and sort out some other problems at the same time.

Firstly, when I start the car, a warming light about the rear spoiler is illuminated for 10-15 seconds. The spoiler does not activate at speed, but will do so manually. Anything I can do to fix this?

Secondly, my remote central locking doesn't work. I need to unlock the car, and jump in fast to prevent the alarm going off. I only have one key for the car, and I have tried all the code reset tricks - no luck.

I would really love to solve these two issue, and then my car would really be perfect!

Thanks,

Tony

Funkstar De Luxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
The spoiler light coming on at startup is normal. It may depend on model year, but for mine at least, when you start moving and go about 5-10ft the light will go out. It's pretty much just a check system. If the light stays on then you've got an issue. I don't believe it is supposed to go out on its own after a certain amount of time, but again, it could have changed after a certain model year. I'm just going by what my manual says and my own experiences.

How do you know that the spoiler is not raising at speed? In normal operation it will raise around 75mph and retract once you drop below 55mph. Did you have someone in another vehicle observe you to see if this happened? If you're looking to have the spoiler stay up regardless of speed, then it is necessary for you to hit the switch by your foot to raise it manually once the car is running. However, once you shut the car off and start it again, the spoiler will resume its normal operation when your speed reaches 75mph.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 PM   #3

Have you...

... replaced the battery in the key fob?
If not, you should.
Your spoiler is working fine.
The warning light goes out after the car hits 3 mph.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro
Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #4

Great, so the spoiler is ok :-) I did replace the battery, but no luck. Just means the redlight on the key remains lit continually

Last edited by Funkstar De Luxe; 08-09-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Funkstar De Luxe is offline   Reply With Quote