Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

SAIS air change over valve replacement

Hi guys,

I've had the two codes P0410 and P1411 coming on every ~100 miles. I've been clearing and ignoring the two codes but it's getting really annoying that I decided to address the problem. After searching and reading, my question is that is it a do-able job to replace the air change over valve, since from what I read, space is really an issue to get to the valve and removing the intake manifold doesn't seem very easy?

Please advise, thank you!

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #2

Several other things can cause P0410 and P1411 codes. The SAI pump may not work, There could be a leak in the vacuum tank. There could be a leak in one of the lines or connectors that affect the change over or shut off valves. See diagram: 2.7l / 3.2l "s" 2000 And Up Air Injection In my case, it was the vacuum tank.

If you do decide to get into it, this might help: Help Replacing the Electronic Change Over Valve - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums
thom4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock1701 View Post
Hi guys,

I've had the two codes P0410 and P1411 coming on every ~100 miles. I've been clearing and ignoring the two codes but it's getting really annoying that I decided to address the problem. After searching and reading, my question is that is it a do-able job to replace the air change over valve, since from what I read, space is really an issue to get to the valve and removing the intake manifold doesn't seem very easy?

Please advise, thank you!
It could be a simple vacuum leak, you should inspect all the vacuum lines in the SAI system first. A common problem is a broken vacuum line in the system, the lines get brittle with age. That's what my issue was when I had the same trouble codes.

300K Mile Club
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #4

+1 Read Jager's post;

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/40695-secondary-air-injection-cutoff-valve.html
psquared39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #5

Thanks guys. I just finished building my home made smoke machine, so I will be testing the vacuum lines soon. Hopefully the problem will be just a broken vacuum line or a bad air valve and nothing crazy.

hancock1701 is offline   Reply With Quote