Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 06:35 AM   #1

New Boxster Owner with a couple questions

Hello,

I just purchased a 2001 Rainforest Green Metallic Boxster. I love it! The more I drive it, the better I like it.

I'm the second owner (Brandywine Porsche sold it new) and have all the maintenance receipts. I haven't gotten to speak to the original owner yet, but will shortly.

My car has the optional Sport Package. What's included in this package? My car also has the optional 17" lace wheels, so it does not include 18" wheels.

Anyone out there running the BFGoodrich KDW tires? These seem to be a great deal.

I've read the threads on aftermarket exhaust. Does anyone have the TechArt exhaust (p/n 986.310.841)? I thought I remember reading somewhere that it has the valve that allows the exhaust to go straight through at 4,000rpms, like some of the Ferraris. I only saw one price on the web and it was $1600. The valve may help with resonance at lower rpms.

Thanks!

Rainforest01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #2

Talking

The Sports Package in 986 includes:

17 inch wheels

Air Deflector

Upgraded radio (ie speakers in the door and CD player)

Cruise Control

Semi Power seats (I believe)

This changed a bit over time. For example, some earlier boxes were shipped with 16 inch wheels standard in the bad old days. Later the 17s became standard.

BTW-the option codes for your car are under the hood and/or available from the dealer.

Welcome to our forum.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:30 AM   #3

Excellent color choice. You may want to eventually get a set of 18's, I love how the 18" twists look on my RFG Boxster.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 AM   #4

Thanks for all your help.

I have the Sport Classic (17"). They were a $2500 option that year, so the sport package didn't include the 17" wheels for '01. I was hoping that the sport package had something to do with the suspension. Maybe heavier springs and larger sway bars.

Porschekid
I LOVE the color! I always wanted a dark green car. I haven't seen one yet this color in my area. If I get a set of 18s, I'll probably go for Kinesis K29s with gold center and polished lip.

Brucelee
Thanks for the info!
Rainforest01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #5

Talking

Sure. BTW- the Sports Touting Package has some handling do-dads I believe.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #6

Sport Design / Sport Touring Package details here http://www.986faq.com/4-0/default.asp#P64

I have the Sport Design package, I love the silver/granite console and textured dash.

ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote