986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Boxster needed for movie shoot (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/29188-boxster-needed-movie-shoot.html)

AdamB 06-06-2011 04:24 PM

Boxster needed for movie shoot

Hi everyone,

I'm helping a friend, who's a Transportation Coordinator for films, track down an Arena Red 986. Filming is in Atlanta, GA, and a car is needed for about three weeks, starting next week. The car will not be abused or damaged! It's mostly a prop, but will have some driving time. You'd be paid for your time and use of your car, and I can get you many more details. If you can help and are interested, please let me know. Thanks!

Adam

mikstew 06-06-2011 04:36 PM

I suggest doing this if you have the car. I knew a guy who had his 745Li used by Don Cheadle, which is pretty awesome in itself, but also was paid 2K for the car to be used for a week.

thstone 06-06-2011 06:36 PM

I live in LA and know lots of people in the entertainment industry. Just remember, whether its your car or your house; if you rent it out, people will treat it like a rental. Not that it will be abused, but it won't be treated like your baby. Just sayin'.

BYprodriver 06-06-2011 07:09 PM

Arena red is pretty rare That's going to be hard to find.

Jaxonalden 06-06-2011 07:39 PM

I treat my car like I treat my wife, well...maybe a little better. Anyway, I won't want someone use my 'Ol lady and definatly not use my car. Just sayin'. :cheers:

keithl 06-06-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamB
Hi everyone,

I'm helping a friend, who's a Transportation Coordinator for films, track down an Arena Red 986. Filming is in Atlanta, GA, and a car is needed for about three weeks, starting next week. The car will not be abused or damaged! It's mostly a prop, but will have some driving time. You'd be paid for your time and use of your car, and I can get you many more details. If you can help and are interested, please let me know. Thanks!

Adam

If you need a black one let me know.

Stroked & Blown 06-07-2011 04:59 AM

Let me know if you need one for a shoot in Boston.

Chuck W. 06-07-2011 07:51 AM

If they paid me to stay with the car and I was able to monitor its use, not a problem. To drop it off and pick it up after the shoot.... no way. Now regarding the wife..... I'll drop her off and may pick her up after the shoot. :p

ekam 06-07-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
I treat my car like I treat my wife, well...maybe a little better. Anyway, I won't want someone use my 'Ol lady and definatly not use my car. Just sayin'. :cheers:

I'm not saying I do this but some people enjoy watching their wife... I mean car driven by someone else...? :p :eek:

landrovered 06-07-2011 08:40 AM

Lapiz Blue and Speed Yellow available here